GetClose is a competitive 2 player game that forces two players to sit next to each other with one hand on the Wii U gamepad. Each player controls a circular avatar on the TV screen with the left or right joystick. Players will need to progress through levels holding on to the cosmic crown, while collecting pickups, earning points, and avoiding deadly obstacles. Two more players can join by sharing a Wii U Pro Controller. Get comfortable, because you’ll have to GetClose.
A war lording space king must name an heir to rule his galactic empire. 10 children must now compete to win their father’s affection. They are sent to Earth to engage in a fast paced battle of athletic endurance. 2 children enter, one leaves - victorious - the other casted into the banal corners of the galaxy.
- 2 or 4 player play. Each player holds onto one side of the Wii U GamePad or Wii U Pro Controller, using the analog stick and shoulder buttons.
- Multiple levels to choose from for each game mode
- 10 "Characters" to choose from
- 7 "Pickups" to collect, each with its own ability (Missiles, Black Holes, Proximity Mines, etc.)
- King of the Crown mode - Hold on to the crown the longest.
- Capture the Crown mode - Grab the crown, and bring it back to your base.
- Party/social style play. Quick game bursts to allow for a quick/fun session of gameplay. Pass the controller around to test your might against other rivals.
GetClose is set to release October, 2014 for $4.99