Hi, this time I'll try my best to keep it short and still not leave anything out.
Up until now I've done the design of my levels in a text editor and that's a very slow process. Now I have a basic level editor in place and it can handle the tasks that were very time consuming before. Now I can SEE what I'm doing.
In the video there are concussion grenades but I failed to aim them directly at enemies. I kind of left that out because it looks too bad with the enemies shooting towards the non-existing player. But there is a stun effect on the enemies that will keep them from firing and even make them surrender if close enough.
I have been working a lot on the graphical interface lately. I've started integrating a GUI library called Rocket, but I'm having problems grasping some things with it. If you have experience with Rocket please drop me a message!
I think that I've fixed the timing issue that made the game run too fast on some machines. So it will be interesting to get feedback on this when I release the next demo. But now as a side effect I think I've got some performance issues. Either there's still something I need to work out with the timing related to what I just changed, or I need to optimize some of the countless other things I know can be done better. That maybe sounds a little bad but really it's not. I just need to go over and tidy up some things, and that's how I work - I refine the game in increments.
So that's what needs to be done before demo 3 gets up here. Watch the video if you didn't already and leave comments! Thanks!