One whole year, ladies and gentlemen. That's how long we've been in Early Access. And it has been absolutely amazing! Simply because of all of YOU!
Yes... YOU, looking at the screen right now. If it weren't for each and every one of you, the game would be much much different.
So, please accept a heartfelt THANK YOU from all of us here in the team. You humble us.
Onto the business at hand :). The standard procedure would now be to mention the highlights, but come on... campaign is likely the most interesting ;). The complete change-list is below as usual.
As is already customary, we're releasing a couple of new screenshots, but also a brand new gameplay video. Just a quick glance at the game.
- FIXED: When story panel is activated, PTE is shut down and audio volume is lowered
- FIXED: Game is paused when Mission failed panel is active
- FIXED: Fire at will mode is automatically deactivated when a cut-scene starts
- FIXED: Freelance missions are filtered when Reputation is changed
- FIXED: Ships and stations change color-coding when Reputation changes
- FIXED: Tutorial setting is saved properly
- FIXED: Starchart hint is now properly placed when using gamepads
- FIXED: Fire At Will with beam weapons fixed
- ADDED: Full campaign mode
- ADDED: Riftway fast-travel grid
- Simply fly into it and let it carry you.. some maneuvering is required though, since inertia can sling you out
- ADDED: Numerous missing sound effects
- ADDED: Full ambient soundtrack
- ADDED: Full combat music soundtrack
- ADDED: Freelance missions deactivated during the first mission in the campaign mode
- ADDED: Mercenaries
- You can hire Mercenaries to accompany you
- Be careful to pay them their salaries... or they will leave your service, or alternatively beat you up...
- ADDED: Several starting options for the Freeroam mode (character name, ship, portrait)
- ADDED: Adding turret now costs money depending on the ship class
- ADDED: You can now remove turrets from weapon batteries
- ADDED: Autosaves to Campaign mode (when accepting a mission)
- ADDED: Cloak while active, now drains ship's power, much like skills
- ADDED: Skills are now SUSTAINED(!)
- Skills don't have limited duration anymore, but simply drain power while active
- It is possible in theory to setup your ship that you can sustain a skill indefinitely
- ADDED: Try going closer to the suns now. I dare you :P
- UPDATED: Boarding mechanics have went through another tweak
- UPDATED: NPCs and missions will now spawn according to regional level range
- UPDATED: Trooper price increased from 100 to 250
- UPDATED: Alarming/Deadly/Impossible enemies granted damage reduction of 10%/20%/30%
- UPDATED: Player no longer receives bounty without taking part in battles against Heroes
- UPDATED: Enabled rank restrictions for ship classes
- UPDATED: Easy difficulty no longer receives a flat hardcoded starting credits.
- UPDATED: Loading a game with hull bonus no longer forces the player to repair the difference in hull.
- UPDATED: The engineer can no longer receive experience by scanning his own anomaly
- UPDATED: Boarding hostile ships is no longer a crime
- UPDATED: Clicking on the boarding slot will place a waypoint on the captured ship if that ship is beyond target lock distance
- UPDATED: The player can no longer loot a captured ship beyond transporter distance
- UPDATED: Player now receives 6%/12%/25%/50% damage from heavy weapons on Easy/Normal/Hard/Extreme difficulties
- UPDATED: Player now receives 10%/25%/50% damage from beam weapons on Easy/Normal/Hard difficulties
- UPDATED: The recommended level for Missions has a bigger font size and flashes red if the rec. level exceeds player level
- UPDATED: The captain info panel will now properly display if the player is unlawful
- UPDATED: The log now displays recommended level for missions (in the list)
- UPDATED: Mining Beam now deals 100 times more damage to asteroids
- UPDATED: Heroes now deal +50% beam weapon damage and +100% damage with all other weapons
- UPDATED: Heroes receive 2.5% damage from all NPCs (excluding mercenaries and other heroes) and receive 30% damage from the player
- UPDATED: Heroes have reduced bounties
- UPDATED: Heroes now have the title "Hero" instead of faction association written on the target lock
- UPDATED: Heroes can no longer be boarded
- UPDATED: Licenses have been balanced to make more sense
- UPDATED: Officers have been rebalanced
- UPDATED: New loot system gave more accuracy to the progression system and bonus modifiers from perks, officers and licenses
- UPDATED: Combat mode now properly tracked by the gameplay engine
- UPDATED: Light weapons damage, shield/hull ratio and price rebalanced
- UPDATED: Heavy weapons damage, shield/hull ratio and price greatly rebalanced
- UPDATED: Freighter and freightliner class ships cargohold, energy, price rebalance
- UPDATED: Systems and ships on station prices rebalance
- UPDATED: SETH is now packed with the PlatformGun, rebalanced
- UPDATED: Difficulties rebalanced
- UPDATED: Rearming heavy weapons now costs credits depending on heavy weapons loaded on the slot
- UPDATED: Platforms now carry a PlatformGun, hitpoints rebalanced
- UPDATED: Asteroid fields rebalanced
- UPDATED: Grappler improved
- You can go into PTE while towing a grappled ship, but increase speed over time or the grappler will snap
- Grappler can still snap if strain is too heavy
- Grappler success depends on ship mass. The larger the ship, the higher the chance of the link snapping
- UPDATED: Several optimizations regarding ship's weapons fire and frame-rate
- UPDATED: Several ships rebalanced
- UPDATED: Lowered Experience gain on destroying ships
- UPDATED: Sensitivity lowered when playing with gamepads & joysticks
- UPDATED: New loading screen
To find out more on how to go about modding Starpoint Gemini 2 even in its current beta stage, visit the Modding website!
If you're looking for Starpoint Gemini 2 Steam store page, look no further ;).
Thank you for reading and safe travels captain!