UPDATE - Version 0.99 Beta Finally another game update! Amazingly, progress is still being made!
Here is an overview of the new changes:
I've made an overhaul of player ship and controls for unprecedented ease of use!
- Player's ship motion/thrusters are massively simplified with simple WASD movement.
- Player's weapons are now mounted on a turret allowing independent targeting of weapons with the mouse.
- "Old School" control option still available for those who enjoy good old rotate/thrust style controls.
I've also made a complete overhaul of ship upgrade and enhancement system that allows incredible customisation!
- 54 unique upgrades!
- Player now simply gains levels as their score improves, and each level gained gives you one upgrade point to spend.
- Upgrades control all facets of ship's improvement in the following areas: Guns, Ordnance, Shields, Hull, Engines & Squad.
- No more waiting or hoping a particular coloured upgrade will drop - you choose exactly what you spend your points on!
There has also been a complete revision of the game interface during play making your current ship status clear and easy to see.
Also, a host of general game and graphics improvements, including tweaks to gameplay making it more fun than ever before!
As always I appreciate any feedback you have, from bug reports to suggestions and anything else.