Okay so this is more like a proper news-post. I've updated the game to Alpha 0.1.0, with a whole bunch of cool new things, including new weapons, terrain features, resource types and even the AI allies! Hooray!
Here's the changelog for 0.1.0, if you're interested:
- Terrain generation now more stable.
- Crystals are now able to spawn, giving you extra resources.
- Solarium, Saffronite, Envium, Amunite, Azurite, Orcenium, Purium, Noxite and Spectromium elements added.
- Nest spawning is now part of terrain generation.
- Nests drop extra resources when destroyed.
- Shotgun added.
- HUD updated a little to look more snazzy. Gradients make everything cooler!
- AI controlled allies added, with basic behaviours.
Planned changes next update:
- Overhaul stat system to work using INI files, allowing potential for mods and addons.
- Improve AI systems.
- Streamline terrain generation more, and fix bugs.
So already we're getting pretty close to a pre-release alpha, where you guys can test out the game and help streamline it further, which is really cool... I just need to get all the current graphics replaced with the new final ones before I can post on Steam Greenlight.
Also I'm working under the dev team name of Shark Byte now! I'm still solo right now, but after this project really gets under way I'm hoping to gather a few more permanent team members :)
Also also, I'll be uploading some newer screenshots at some point in the near future so you guys can see all the great progress that's been made.