Happy New Year! It's the first release of 2015 and we've got some tasty treats for you today. Tasty treats in the form of pies... because we've added Game Statistics!
As you can see, so far we are recording kills, deaths, bullets caught and bullets that nearly hit. We'll be adding lots more stats as time progresses; things like number of taunts (hit the d-pad), suicides, furniture destroyed, finger of god kills, bullets fired, and more (that we haven't thought of yet)! There are a few remaining bugs with this screen, such as only the Winning Player being able to cycle through stats, but these will be fixed in the next release. No doubt!
Aside from that, we're still working hard on all of the new menu screens; cool & illustrative art, slick transitions, ambient audio effects, and lots of other jazz. Hopefully this will be ready soon so we can get back to working on the game content. Brace yourselves, it's going to be awesome.
Let us know what you think of the new content on Twitter, Facebook or here on IndieDB in the comments. Please watch the game page for future updates too. Stay friendly! :)
5th January - 16th January
- Stats screen!
- Stats screen can only be controlled by the winning player.
- Finger Of God now spawns 1 second after a player dies. This is to prevent instant return-blows when somebody dies from a headbutt.
- Finger Of God now has giblets that spawn when it hits the floor.
- Added a little bit of Wobble to the corner / avatar boxes.
- Curtains transition implemented.
- Implemented first pass of intro state, mode select state, arena select state and the transitions between them.
- Implemented game stats screen.
- Stencilling / masking to make the pie display properly. It has a strange perspective.
- Recolour avatars when players exit the stats screen.
- Implemented near miss statistic.
- Added new fonts to the game.
- Stats screen for Timmy's Bedroom / House.
- Stats screen for The Wonky Wagon.
- Created some custom fonts! Cool as heck.
- Curtains opening & closing animation.
- Started animating the 3 "dream machines".
- Turning handle on one, bubbles bubbling on another, numbers flipping on another.
- Previs for Intro state, mode select state, arena select state.
- Previs for Stats state.
- Nick worked to Tom's previs visuals.
- Pitched up monkeys to make them sound like curtain pulls...
- Ashley went to PGConnects (The Big Indie Pitch) to tell people about an unannounced little mobile game.