(Article from earlier. I accidentally deleted this article and I figured out how to undelete it. Apologize for the inconvenience)
Hi everyone, PoneDM Beta 2 has now been released with many balance changes, bug fixes and QOL enhancements!
Here's the patch notes:
Beta 2 (Released 03-07-21):
- Added an additional boost when rocket/grenade jumping.
- Added proper bindings for the Gatling Gun and the Railgun.
- Added a timer for games with a time limit.
- Enabled most server movement variables. The server host can change most of these in the server settings.
- Increased sv_airaccelerate from 10 to 150. This allows for easier air control when bunnyhopping.
- Added a randomizer mode!
- Server hosts can change what weapons players spawn with the weapons.txt in the scripts folder. Please note that this will also change the amount of weapons you can spawn with when you use impulse 101.
- Your Railgun beam's color will now change based on your primary player color.
- Reverted back to the original Half-Life 2 Deathmatch spawn algorithm, while retaining support for Counter-Strike Source and Day of Defeat Source spawnpoints.
- Added support for TF2 spawnpoints.
- Added a difficulty selector for bots.
- Added a keybind to quickly switch into spectator mode.
- Default bind: v
- Added a proper download directory.
- Fixed a bug where the Railgun doesn't display effects when hitting a player.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't pick up the Gatling Gun.
- Fixed a bug where the Railgun doesn't unzoom when switching weapons.
- Fixed a bug where Spectators team name doesn't show up in the scoreboard during Free-For-All Arena matches.
- Fixed a crash that would occur if you were loading into a map without a navigation mesh with bots.
- Fixed a bug where some weapons would play a lowering animation when switching weapons (rather than quickly switching).
- Limited how much ammo you can carry:
- You can only carry up to 5 Combine Balls at once for the CBL-V2.
- You can only carry up to 225 rounds at once for the Pistol.
- You can only carry up to 225 rounds at once for the SMG.
- You can only carry up to 500 rounds at once for the Gatling Gun.
- You can only carry up to 48 rounds at once for the .357 Magnum.
- You can only carry up to 25 bolts at once for the Crossbow.
- You can only carry up to 45 rounds at once for the Shotgun.
- You can only carry up to 5 rockets at once for the RPG.
- You can only carry up to 5 grenades at once for the SMG.
- You can only carry up to 5 frag grenades at once.
- You can only carry up to 5 S.L.A.M. tripmines at once.
- You can only carry up to 3 batteries at once for the Railgun. (300% charge)
- Nerfed the Railgun damage from 50 to 25.
- The Railgun now does the following when in an overcharged state:
- The Railgun uses more battery when overcharged. (50% compared to 25%)
- The Railgun will deal double the amount of damage when overcharged (from 25 to 50).
- After overcharging, the railgun will have a slower recharge time.
- The default config will now properly set Pantone Shift as the default pony.
- Enabled the Flashlight by default in the server settings.
- The Railgun's beam will now decrease in brightness after 50% battery.
- Impulse 101 will now properly fill up the player's inventory to the max.
- Bots will now use more types of weapons.
- Bots will now detonate the SLAM on command and will enable guiding on their RPGs on the medium and hard difficulties.
- Extra tracers no longer show up when firing the Railgun.
- Added a crosshair toggle option to the advanced multiplayer settings.
- Added gibs for dismemberment (enabled with cl_ponedm_violencelevel 2).
- Server hosts may now disable the bot ai for testing purposes.
- Server hosts can now disable the [BOT] name tag assigned to bots.