Platinum Arts Sandbox is the game design tool based on the Cube 2 engine that allows users to quickly and easily create and edit their own worlds in game, even cooperatively. It is free, open source, and easy to use for Kids and Adults! As a note a new webpage is in the works at Kids.platinumarts.net but the old webpage is still available.
Please consider voting for us for the moddb mod/game of the year awards :D The first round of voting ends on January 16th and then starting on the 17th the finalists are voted for. So if you vote for us please remember to do it in BOTH PHASES! To vote for us you can go to our moddb profile and click vote, registered voters count more! Please consider voting for us :) Thanks for your support!!
We have a ton of goodies for you in this new release dubbed 2.3. You can download it here
Here are the awesome new features!
* New 3D sidescroller Mario like mode! Also there is a seperate RPG project, check the wiki!
* Hotkeys that make it easier to save games, add materials, and lots more!
* New in game help section that displays all of the binds/key commands!
* Snow has been tweaked and updated :) Be sure to check out the new version of house :D
* Maps now generate cfgs on save! Also many various map tweaks.
* New main menu theme! To try other themes check out the options menu.
* Loads of new textures and new player skins.
* Tons of under the hood bug fixes and features.
* Thanks to ZKAT of virtualdarkarts.net there is a brand new great looking launcher!
Be sure to check out the new Sandbox video courtesy of NoesisInteractive.com and moddb where I talk about the mission of Sandbox, my success of using it with kids, useful development software, and a lot more! Check that out here!
Thank you for your interest in Sandbox! If you have questions please consult our FAQ and help section. Also make sure to check out our tutorial video here!
Take care and enjoy 2.3 :D Let us know how you like it!!