Online Racing Made Possible in Source
It works and you WILL be racing your friends in 2010!
Many people were skeptical about SHIFT and its claim to support Multiplayer. After all, many people are aware of the latency issues surrounding vehicles in Garrys Mod and DIPRIP.
After a long time of private development working on our alpha, we have finally released in game video proving that multiplayer is in fact possible in SHIFT. Multiplayer is only half of our main goal as we also seek to create a deep singleplayer mode with a storyline that should keep the attention of anyone who enjoys singleplayer mods.
(Multiplayer + Vehicles) - Lag = SHIFT!
It is a simple and brilliant math equation that really works! As promised, here is a snippet from what is more than an hour of in game recorded video that I am currently processing for Sunday. Here is something that should help you get excited for SHIFT if you are not already.
SHIFT from the start was always aiming for a solid story telling experience. While singleplayer is important, so is multiplayer. Many people always questioned driving and vehicles in Source but SHIFT continues to hold to its promise to be a full package; A solid singleplayer experience, with playable online racing with multiple friends.
Key Points about the video:
- 150-180 ping (with over 100 cars spawned on the map at once)
- This is 2 players (We have tested this up to 5 players with identical results)
- This is on our Circuit track (designed to make the player use the brake, handbrake, gas, and turbo wisely)
- My average fps is about 100 before recording (It drops severely when recording)
- This is our MP build, NOT our SP build (People who have seen our Alpha video understand that this video is not the same as our SP build and that physics and the hud are not yet implemented in Multiplayer)
Let us know if this leaves you wanting more!