Infested Planet is officially code complete! Everything that I wanted to have in the game when the beta started is here. Even better, there’s a few months left where I can focus on adding extras and polish.
You can now show off your Infested Planet skill to your friends with Steam achievements! For those of you who beat Terminus mode, you now have proof that you did. There are also achievements for beating campaign missions, extra mission goals and beating some mutations.When you log into a profile and go to the campaign screen, you should get achievements retroactively for completed missions.
New Campaign Screen
Several months ago, one of the artists who did the Dawn of War II planetscapes made a new campaign background for Infested Planet. In this patch, I finally had the time to put it into the game.The campaign screen has been revamped to be more intuitive and attractive. You can see all of your campaign missions at a glance, their progression and status. As an added bonus, the planet background changes as you play through the campaign.
- Added terminus difficulty raid mode
- Tweaked campaign structure (may break saves!)
- Finished hatchery level skin and applied it to campaign levels
- Added commas to raid mode messages
- Added compatibility mode to graphics (for Intel cards)
- Made spore mines not capture points
- Added check for insufficient desktop bit depth on init
- Added pause if Steam overlay is on
- Added fast capture for last point in “Memento Mori” mission
- Fixed grammar mistake in endgame slideshow
- Fixed typo in monochrome shader