Grab the demo here: Web Player Demo / Downloadable Demo
Back for the second round of trying to put out small gameplay demos of Chester United every week or so!
Took all of the feedback that I received from last week's build and threw it straight at Chester's stupid smug face.
(Weekly demos are just small 1-level demos for me to get as much feedback as possible on the game while in development. Chester United is still a game in early development and any feedback at all is greatly appreciated!)
Changes from Last Week
- Less sluggish controls(Let me know how these feel now!)
- Re-did the movement system for Chegami. He now jumps and then hovers. Also less sluggish. Also adjusted hover times and strength.
- Made the tutorial level a bit longer, spends more time explaining aspects of the gameplay. (Still not enough? Let me know.)
- Made the camera movement system a little smoother.
- Added more decorative assets to empty-feeling areas of the level.
- Did a bit of enemy rebalancing.
- Adjustments to the audio system to give better audio panning
- Added new types of platforms that move when on.
- Added ability to drop through platforms with down+jump.
- Fixed bug with camera triggers not always triggering.
- Fixed bug with checkpoints not always working.
- Fixed bug with grass sprites Z-fighting.
- Fixed bug where enemies wouldn't slow down from time slowing ability.
- Fixed bug where the player could get pushed in front of the world. You would fall. And die. No more of that!
Targets for the next demo (Target date around 9/6/13)
- New level setting and/or new style in the updated art.
- Try out a few new keyboard control schemes.
- Add more personal info to Bestiary entries. (Kill count, times a character/style are used, etc.)
- Multi-scene levels. (Doors to other areas the same level.)
- Fix bug where walking enemies sometimes walk past their turning barrier.
- Add foreground elements to certain non-action areas.
- Make BG elements scroll with the player movement.
- Add in weather such as rain and snow that randomly triggers on level loading.
As always, your feedback and support on Greenlight are incredibly appreciated. Every bit helps!