The Contest objective is to use the "ARK Dev Kit" mod tools, available via the Unreal Engine 4 Launcher (Epic.gm) to create the “Mod” that best meets the judging criteria as described below. The more creative you can be the better. Here are the Mod categories.
New Maps – Diverse islands with plenty to explore and discover. Some interesting possibilities include new biomes such as Desert or an alien world, or even a focus on sci-fi, ruins, or underground environments. New content and mechanics are also possible within your map!
New Functionality or Game Mode – Rather than creating a new map, you could create a traditional "mod" that overrides existing game content or adds new mechanics. Some possibilities include competitive modes, rebalanced or modified survival mode, new structures and items -- and with Unreal Engine 4 Blueprint scripting, you can extend the original game's functionality in nearly unlimited ways!
How to Enter
- Create or log in to your Alienware Arena account.
- Create your best ARK: Survival Evolved Mod using the "ARK Dev Kit" mod tools. Take a screenshot of your Mod and upload it on this entry page to enter it into the contest!
- Under the image caption for your screenshot, name your Mod, add the Steam Workshop link and a description of approximately 500 characters to describe how your screenshot and Mod entry best meets the judging criteria.
- Ensure your entry meets our set of Judging Criteria. (Hint: see Contest Rules and review the instructions to the left).
- Submission period closes October 6, 2015, 11:59pm PDT.
- Voting period opens October 7 and closes October 21. Spread the word! Tell everyone you know to visit the contest page and vote for the best entries!
- Winners will be selected on November 2 and announced here on approximately November 6.
i'm game :)
I'll be buying this game just because of the mod support. PC friendly developers are always going to get an instant buy from me.
Finally? Will somebody make a DinoRider mod? XD