UT40K: The Chosen Although 40K players and other Mod Teams may not have herd about us, we have in fact been going on, for quite a while. The fact that a ModDB page was never set up for us has only just been brought to light. We are a small but dedicated team, devoted to bringing the universe of Games Workshops Warhammer 40,000 to it's full glory, using the UT3 engine. While we have been toiling in the shadows, we have actually managed to release a Number of Public Betas over the last year and improve on them with each upgrade. We are devoted to remaining as close to the publish code rules as we possibly can, to the point where we have implemented both the JAM system, for the Terminator Assault Cannon, and a fully functional vehicle damage system, complete with Front, Side and Rear armour values and features all of the ways of disabling a vehicle (e.g. Crew Stunned, Weapon Destroyed, Immobilised and all the others) We have two mostly functional races available; The Imperium's...

Forum Thread
01072010(July) Build Issues (Games : Unreal Tournament 3 : Mods : UT40K: The Chosen : Forum : Beta Bugs / Issues : 01072010(July) Build Issues) Locked
Thread Options
biggest_kid
biggest_kid Modeler, Texturer, Mapper
Jul 3 2010 Anchor

Hey guys had time to play the game and test it out today and heres what i discovered/think needs fixing:

- Unlimited ammo, even though the reload system works there is no limit to the number of times you can reload, well no limit that i could find
- Bot AI is extremely stupid
- On the team match map, the bots keep getting stuck in the big imperial aquila mesh
- A few weapons and a few vehicles need new textures
- The leman russ' main cannon has no explosion effect and so its cannon shell looks out of place when shot
- The chaos marine does not hold some weapons properly, the weapon just sits above his left hand, his left hand is also open flat (i dont know if this happens on any other character meshes)
- Is the pirahna meant to be able to hover mid-air? Because right now it doesnt.
- The bots dont try to kill you! They dont even shoot at you, this definitly needs fixing.

Heres some things i liked about this build:

-The menu song is great (but i think we need a few more and have them repeat constantly until a game is started to load)
-The new HUD looks great, who designed this geo? Are we going to keep it like this?
-Some weapons have new effects which is great, some vehicles also have new shooting effects, which is also great

Theres a few more things i like but i cant remember what they were. In closing the project is starting to come along very nicely, we still have a lot that needs to be done, but we have come a long way with only 3 real team members. Great work guys keep up the good work!
Thanks

--

Looking for a mod team? You're in luck. Check out our mod page.

Geodav
Geodav UT40k Team Leader
Jul 4 2010 Anchor

ok there is no limit to the re-load this pre-emets the fact that each class will have only one weapon
problem being the ammo reload afects the bots not shooting, being stupid
weapons/vehicles textures are in-hand
Chaos marine hands haven't been fixed yet
Pirahna is a skimmer, will check the ride hieght

just our old songs but they're still good
the new HUD is the standard UDK HUD done via Scaleform

doing our best, we might be doing better soonish

--

biggest_kid
Jul 5 2010 Anchor

Ahh ok standard HUD, well if my graphics artist friend has time i might ask him to design/create us a new HUD.

Also, i think the leman russ thing needs fixing too

--

Geodav
Geodav UT40k Team Leader
Jul 6 2010 Anchor

np i'll have a look and see what i can do with the Russ

edit:-
Leman Russ Muzzle Flash fixed

--

biggest_kid
Jul 7 2010 Anchor

Nice work, did u manage to fix the shell's explosion effect?

I also noticed a huge problem with the cameras/views when operating the tarrantula turrets, this definitly needs fixing.

--

Geodav
Geodav UT40k Team Leader
Jul 7 2010 Anchor

no haven't fixed the explosion effect yet but i'll look into it, i'll have another look at the cameras might have to change a few things on them

thanks for the input ;)

110710 21:50
shell hit explosion added, i'll be looking at the camera problems soon

Edited by: Geodav

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.