Time fo' an update fools.
As I mentioned in my latest image update I'm having some overheating issues with my GPU which prevents me from making that video I said I would post. It's going to be a little while unless someone feels like Paypaling me $ for some Arctic Silver Céramique. Sorry about that, as soon as I can I shall post a video.
Update: Overheating issues solved after applying new TIM to the GPU. Now I can begin work on the video.
Here's where things now stand:
- I'm hitting some walls by not having a scripter. An example of this is a magazine system. I really wanted one but the early one released for CoP will not suffice, and the Redux one obviously won't be released until Redux is out. So that leaves me with a SoC mod that did a really cool mag system, but when I ported it to CoP I ran into a ton of problems, and the scripts for it are a mess. Anyways, basically there are some features I want to implement but until I find a scripter who can do a little work there are some features I will not be able to do.
- Likewise, I could use an animator, but like scripters I think every mod team is looking for an animator. I don't need much done, I just need usable animations for a Mac-10, and I need some animations for an MP412 Rex. Beyond that I think the current animations available to me will work. However, I *think* I know how to port animations from SoC to CoP so if anybody knows of any decent MP412 or Mac-10 animations/models for SoC let me know where I can download them and I'll try and port it.
- Yet another thing I could use: someone who's willing to make some new UI icons. Basically I need new ammo icons, beyond that I don't think I really need anything else. PM me if interested.
- I'm adding new weapons every day now. As you can see I just added a Barret REC7. I'm going to try and stop spoiling weapons though if they appear more than half-way through the game. If they come before that I'll post pics, otherwise no.
- It looks like Dynamic Shaders 2.0 by Meltac for SoC is not too far away. He has already given permission to port his shaders when he releases it, and once he does I will definitely be using his shaders to imitate wet surfaces in DX9, reflections for various circumstances, and the rainbow (cause why not?). I highly recommend that once 2.0 is released that you utilize the DX9 renderer. There are obviously advantages to DX10/11 but it's more difficult to mod their shaders so most of the cool shader stuff will be DX9 only.
- I recently updated the FAQ, but I should post this here: I am dead-set on using Bangalore's map pack when released for 2.0, however far off that may be. If you were looking forward to a release this Summer I'm sorry but it's not gonna happen. HOWEVER, if people are okay with vanilla maps and no real new quests, I'm willing to make a "v1.9" when I'm closer to done with content that would have many of the weapons and stuff from 2.0, but not any new maps or quests. It depends if people are interested in that or not. Let me know in the comments.
- Originally I wanted some 10x25mm guns in the game (I really like the caliber IRL), however I've decided it makes more sense to go with .40S&W as it's more common, less expensive, and there are more weapons which use it. An example of what this will affect is I will be removing the Glock 20 and adding a Glock 35 in it's place.
- I want people's opinion: would you be okay with a Kedr that is a little unrealistic in it's model or would you rather a different weapon that is realistic looking take it's place? I only recently noticed that the model I'm using is inaccurate and does not match what it looks like as well as it should. If that's not an issue though I will add it anyways.
- Feature added: Aim/scope sway that is affected by crouching (thanks SetaKat for crouch-detection script), AND you can take a pill that will completely eliminate scope sway for 30 seconds, after which it will return. This is done differently than you are used to seeing, as the normal way of doing it does not allow it to be "turned off".
- AI Tweaks has a module in it for letting you loot armor from corpses as well as letting NPC's do the same. I am considering adding this if I can balance it out. Let me know what you think.
- After reading a few posts requesting this, most SMG's will be able to be held with detectors. I am also considering allowing the usage of assault rifles one-handed with detectors IF using an Exo.
That's it for now. Sorry it is more questions than content, but hopefully once I'm able to post a video people will be happy ;)