The fall of Pajajaran Kingdom did not mark the end of Sundanese hegemony. Although western Parahyangan fell to the Bantenese and the north-eastern to Cirebon, most of the southern counties remained independent. In 1585 the Kingdom of Sumedang Larang broke from Cirebon, marking the birth of a new Islamic Sundanese kingdom.
In SoI, Priangan civilization is led by Pangeran Suria Kusumah Adinata, a descendant of Sumedang royal family. By the time, Priangan was a collection of small princely states rather than a kingdom. Suria Kusumah Adinata, the count of Sumedang, was the richest among all counts, nicknamed Pangeran Sugih. Here is Priangan, the origin of the cultuur-stelsel.
Priangan belongs to the Javanese culture set, sharing many similar building with the Central Javanese kingdoms. However Priangan also differs in many aspects. Its uniqueness are:
- Aging up requires a new coffee plantation to be built. Thus Priangan receives coffee plantation rather than mill and plantation.
- Improves gathering rate by training Kumetirs. Each kumetir increases all villager gathering rate by 10%. Priangan does not have access to economic upgrade technologies.
- Preangerstelsel: warga trickles coin whilst working.
Beside gameplay differences, Priangan also differ from other Javanese culture civs by the means of unique units:
- Caraka, a light archer with wide LOS
- Kujang, a fast swordsman
- Somah, short ranged musketeer with area damage
- Sentana, strong mounted rifleman which can only be accessed with a Sundanese native alliance
- Kumetir, which increases gathering rate
- Domba Garut, livestock with damage
- Windu Kuningan, unlimited source of XP
There is also one unique building; Saung, which is a post with damage.
Priangan has two royal edicts: Pajajaran Legacy and Surakartan Territory. However each of them allows further specification.
Pajajaran Legacy, which boosts economy and HP, unlocks:
- Bandung: town center spawns building wagon
- Garut: unlock Domba Garut and boost livestock gathering
Surakartan Territory, which boosts military upgrades, unlocks:
- Tasikmalaya: boost Kumetir
- Sumedang: unlock Windu Kuningan, boost cavalry
Due to its uniqueness, Priangan is a late game civ. It is both economically and militarily prone in early ages. It also becomes stronger in certain map with Sundanese native settlement, such as in Parahyangan map.