And so, as I promised the initial report on the state of the TIS 3 project.
Having attempted to test all the TIS 3 maps in the new Valve SDK, I have to report a significant failure in compatibility. Out of all the maps I ran up only two didn't crash HL2 and even these had either visual or scripted scene issues.
I have attempted new rebuilds and tracking down of errors of the type I repaired in TIS Redux but so
far without success. Quite frustrating as I'm sure you can imagine.
I knew that I would probably have to rework the scripted scenes and thankfully this side of the project was in the most basic of stages anyway. As to the unknown errors that are bugging the maps, this is going to be a slow trial and error process but one that should be faster than a complete remap.
I do know from one error message that I am using 200% of the allocated entity allowance. These are things like models and npc's and as it used to run happily with the old SDK, I can only imagine that this allowance has either been cropped by Valve for some reason, or that some of the entities has been
propagating while I have been away! I hope it does not require splitting a large map into two.
When it comes down to the overall state of progress of the mod and this means things like extra maps, voice acting, sounds and unique models and textures, I would say that it is about 50% complete.
Sadly, as I'm sure you can understand, because of the delay, some team members have had to move on but on a good note the last I heard, a few of these are now working for professional game makers like; Puppy Games, Bioware and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Good luck to ya boys n girls and feel free to drop my name at your meetings. :)
So, I will soon be looking for new talent to piggyback their way to success off of my efforts. Lol
And as to the question, when will it be ready, don't ask!
Thanks for your patience, we will resume normal service as new stocks of 'Agent X' arrives.