Hello everyone, it's olzhas1one here. I'm a new member of STD (Share the Doom) development team. For the past few months, Kizoky has been working on his Postal 2 TC for GZDoom, and I have decided that today would be a good time to post an update. Enough rambling, let's get to the business!
So, here's a proper update log that Kizoky sent me:
- Swinging melee weapons in front of the NPCs will now make them provoked (same as in Postal 2)
- Some anti-unforeseen bug fix for NPCs (entering random states)
- Improved compatibility for gameplay/monster mods
- NPC sight have been reduced a little bit
- Removed unneeded/unused files
- Fix Dogs (Champ) going after the Player if their target/enemy died
- Fix Petition clipboard being frightening to NPCs
- Added Small squeaky Krotchies
- Reduced the amount of pitch shifting for NPC voice
- STD will now forcibly deselect any weapon that's not an STD weapon
- NPCs will now do a slow rotation when staring at someone (just like in Postal 2)
- Fixed players being able to kick, holster, etc.. while being dead
- Selecting through weapons now should be as fast as in Postal 2
- Animations for NPCs, weapons, etc. are now smoothed out so they shouldn't slightly lag anymore
- Fixed NPCs thinking they are on Fire when staring at a corpse
- Reworked how Fire disappears on NPCs so it should be less buggy
- Holding fire with the Gascan now should end immediately when you stop pressing Fire
- Fire will now disappear after 25 seconds
- Fixed Dogs (Champ) crashing the game with a null pointer error
- Scythe is finished
- Machete is finished
- Sledgehammer is finished
- Added future NPC obituaries
- Fixed Pickup messages not working for STD weapons and inventory items
- Exploded heads now will spawn more blood
- Fixed issues related to Suiciding
- The speed when firing with a weapon has been corrected somewhat
- Added 2 new maps (WORLD1)
- Tazer is finished (needs FX effects)
- Added fully functional Postal-like doors (non-destroyable atm)
- Fix NPCs becoming enemies with their own heads
- NPCs will now strafe left or right when an obstacle is in the way of the target
As you can see, quite a lot of progress has been made. But in addition, we have lots of juicy gifs to share, showcasing the new features of the TC:
Sledgehammer in it's full glory:
The machete's ripping ability, like in the original Postal 2!
Crushing heads with the Sledgehammer
NPCs reacting to player contact
NPCs reacting to player's action in similar fashion to Postal 2
Postal 2's fire effects in GZDoom!
Postal 2-like doors! (currently can only be kicked open by the player)
As you can see, we've manged to do quite a considerable amount of work since August. If you wish to follow Share the Doom's development closer, take a peek at our GitHub page: Github.com It updates quite often and you can grab a new version from there if you feel like it and try out the new stuff for yourself.
Regarding some other stuff, I, olzhas1one, have started making some maps for Share the Doom. We currently have almost finished the first worldmap, and have started a second one. Unfortunately, there isn't much to show yet, however you can find these maps on the GitHub builds if you'd like to see them.
That's all for today, we hope you enjoyed this post!