Night Of The Living Dead (v1.11) is a challenging mod map designed for Star Wars Battlefront, released on October 31st 2014, with an innovative wave-based style of apocalyptic zombie survival. A wide variety of enemy units are featured, including over a dozen types of zombies and deadly military soldiers. NOTLD also features scaling enemy number spawns for each each difficulty setting, utilizing advanced mission LUA scripts in order to provide a much greater fluctuation of challenge between difficulties. A team of 6 random civilians (5 playable, 1 NPC) who have barricaded themselves inside an old farmhouse are determined to survive the horrifying onslaught of undead walking corpses thirsting for fresh human blood. Should your team happen to survive the zombie mayhem for over 20 minutes, a heavily armed military squad equipped with powerful vehicles will spawn from the west for final extermination. You must defend the farmhouse from being overrun by zombies and successfully defeat the m
Zombie Castle Mod may only be distributed as described in the readme. Try to defend Helm's Deep from an undead army of rebel zombies. Zombie Castle works in both SP and MP, but it's recommended to play in SP on Hard for maximum challenge. This map is a demo for "Zombie Campaign" an extensive mod being developed by Phobos.
- Zombie Castle v1.0 by Phobos -
Created July 7th, 2013
Zombie Castle may only be distributed on ModDB.com, FCBF.tk and SWBFModders.com, hosting this mod on any other website than those 3 is NOT authorized by Phobos. I realize Ultimo is jealous of my modding skills and wants to discredit me for the Zombie Castle map I reskinned. No need to ask that plagiarist for help, he's essentially been banned from the SWBF community and tried to steal credit for my uploads, done so by his actions. Ultimo doesn't deserve any credit for anything, he did not help with this mod at all. You can find the true credits in the description of the mod on ModDB.com, FCBF.tk and SWBFModders.com
Try to defend Helm's Deep from an undead army of rebel zombies. Zombie Castle works in both SP and MP, but it's recommended to play in SP on Hard for maximum challenge. This map is a demo for "Zombie Campaign" an extensive mod being developed by Phobos.
Preview Video = Fcbf.tk
There are 5 various zombie units you will encounter. Here's a basic description of their attributes:
Average Zombie - Trooper zombie has average health and average speed. They charge at you blindly and do not flinch when shot at.
Rush Zombies - Conehead and Pilot zombies have low health and high speed. They try to outflank you by strafing when you shoot at them.
Tank Zombies - Wookiee and Wampa zombies have high health and slow speed. They act as meat shields for other zombies.
- Included is an extra hard mission LVL with 500 zombie reinforcements instead of 300. Use this for playing online with friends, as they won't need the hard mission.lvl installed only the server does.
- Black ground bug because of no detail texture specified in zeroeditor. This cannot be fixed since I don't have the world source assets. Play with texture quality set to low to remove black aura.
- Zombie models dissapear more online and the sounds are glitchier. This is due to built in MP limits and can't be fixed. Look at it this way though, zombies sneak up on and surprise you easier.
- Crashes online if 32 AI. I don't know what the limit is or what's causing the crash, but I was able to play online with ~24 AI.
- Zombies cluster under the first gate CP that gets destroyed. Probably because the CP is directly above them, another mapping bug I can't fix without the source. Drop some landmines there instead.
- Not tested on Mac OS.
Universal Zombie Sound Assets Included:
The zombie.lvl in this sound folder I have created as a universal zombie sound.lvl for compatibility with all custom zombie side mods. To include these sounds in your mod:
- Add these lines to your mission LUA:
- Add these lines to all your unit ODFs you want to have zombie groans:
HurtSound = "zombie_hurt"
DeathSound = "zombie_death"
LowHealthSound = "zombie_chatter"
LowHealthThreshold = "1.1"
- Place the zombie.lvl in your mod map's SOUND folder.
- Please remember to credit "Phobos and Sereja" if you include these zombie sounds in your mods. Crediting mod contributors is respectful.
Phobos - Mission Side and Sound LVLs, Midnight Castle Reskin, Zombie Conehead skin, Zombie Wookiee and Wampa skins, Wookiee Antlers, Rebel Trooper No Backpack Models, Zombie Rebel Trooper and Pilot skins
Vonfrank - Helm's Deep Map
Sereja - Zombie Sound Recordings
Aphex Twin & Identity Theft - Background music
- Public release
- Patched sides increased zombie sounds.
- Removed background music due to BNK sound munger bugs.
- Clone wars support removed due to it being boring and having damage bugs.
- Other ground textures were tested. They look really bad because the ground is painted in zeroeditor and results in an ugly cyan discoloring.
- Final beta test
- Patched zombie sounds, wookiee growls reduced
- Implemented map background music
- Buffed bacta drop rate
- Buffed siege nade damage
- Tweaked zombie health values
- Added clones vs zombies support
- Improved zombie walk animations they now use "wampa.anims"
- Stars added to sky
- Zombie skins improved
- Custom zombie growls and sounds added
- Added midnight reskin and sky patch
- Fixed multiplayer crash with support up to ~24 AI, 32 still crashes. Easier to win in MP than SP.
- Doesn't work in MP dedicated
- Zombies aren't fully textured yet
- Stock sides will be modded later
- Added siege nades for zombies since they are too autistic to melee the doors
- Created zombie mission and side lvls
Review from July 13 2013
I don't think I've said this publicly but this is the best SWBF zombie map I've played. The different zombies really add to the fun and suspense and I think the map choice (Helms Deep) was an ingenious move. Don't even get me started on the new map skins! :o Amazing! Truly a work of art for SWBF. It's a must download if you haven't already.