Based on the MP2 Old School Mod, the previous work is followed up with new level effects, textures and art, two new weapons and one new DMW level.
Max Payne 2: Old School Remix takes the nostalgic concept a step further and focuses even more on the environmental effects, adds some missing weapons and presents another new DMW level (remake) from the first Max Payne.
The first full version of the Old School Mod for Max Payne 2 was released
in July 2019 by a Team lead by GP Channel (me included) and continued from
where mods like Valkyr Rage and Max Payne Classic left. It was the first
mod to create a nostalgic audiovisual atmosphere in which Max Payne 2's
story plays with the actors and arsenal from first one.
Old School Remix takes these ideas a step further and focuses even more on the
environmental effects, adds some missing weapons and presents another new
DMW level (remake) from MP1.
-hevitonttu22, November 8th 2019
*A tiny patch 9th November, there was no killcam for Max Payne wounded skin.
Outdoor Level Textures & Snow Effects completedly renewed. (NEW)
M79 Grenade Launcher and Baseball Bat added. (NEW)
Updated Graphic Novel, Menu & Loading screens.
Characters, Weapons and Music imported from Max Payne 1 with improvements.
Rebalanced Gameplay for Story and a Character Selector
Back to Aesir Chapters 1-3 and two Roscoe Street Station beta
Roscoe Street, Ragnarock Entrance & Showdown, Cold Steel (NEW)
HOW TO PLAY
1. The Unofficial Weapon Patch for Max Payne 2 must have been installed
(the installer & instructions included in the package).
2. Insert the MaxPayne2_OldSchoolRemix.mp2m mod file to your Max Payne 2
directory and "Previously-mp1.bik" to "movies" folder in the same
3. Select MaxPayne2_OldSchoolRemix on the Choose customized game dropbox
in the game's launcher and press "Play".
TIPS & TECHNICAL INFO
- If you use number keys to select weapons, you will need to remap
the keys (1-6) whenever you play this mod or go back to normal game /
other mods. Do this in the game's Options -> Controls -> Combat
screen, or simply "Reset to Defaults". Mouse Wheel is not affected by
the weapon slot changes.
- Back to Aesir levels may need "High" graphic settings to run.
- New Particle Effects have a potential to challenge the most low-end
- To gain more advantage in firefights: Turn off "Bullet Time Assist"
in "Options -> Game" and continue using BT while and after landing
the shootdodge to land even more shots before enemies do.
- You can face someone wielding an M79 Grenade Launcher up to ~10 times
during a Story playthru. Max will also have one in DMW or you can type
GetM79 (or Coder / GetAllWeapons) in console to acquire it anytime.
You will have a Baseball Bat practically available at all times or after
picking up any weapon item.
- Bonus Weapons available for some DMW characters can be acquired in
any level by console codes, but are not collected in normal MP2 Story
missions. Type GetSawedShotgunDual or GetMP5Dual in console, or have
every weapon available by "GetAllWeapons" or "Coder" commands.
Level Art & Particle Effects (Snow)
Updated Graphic Novel, Menu & Loading Screens
Wounded Max Payne skins
M79 and Baseball Bat (from MP1)
Cold Steel (DMW) [remake]
RagnaRock Entrance (DMW) (version 1.02) [remake]
Weapon HUD Art
BIG THANKS FOR THE ACTIVE AND TIMELESS MAX PAYNE COMMUNITY
FOR SUPPORTING AND PLAYING THIS MOD!
Refer to Old School Mod 1.0 Credits for anything not mentioned here.
If you are going to reupload this Mod, please include all
the files in the .zip (.mp2m Mod File, the Weapon Patch
with instructions [Eng & Rus], the ReadMe folder which
contains HTML & TXT versions + images). You are allowed
to for example use parts of the mod or remix it, but
remember to credit other people for their work accordingly.
OLD SCHOOL MOD 1.0 CREDITS
Revived the Project
Art: New Skins & Weapons, Graphic Novels, Menus, Loading Screens,
HUD, "Previously" video
Scripting: Gameplay, Levels (Textures and Effects), Weapons, Skins,
RagnaRock Entrance (DMW) (version 1.01)
- Valkyr Rage Beta which this mod is based on (including most
imported skins and weapons from MP1)
- Ragdoll physics from Cop vs Cops 1.2
- The UnOfficial Weapon Patch (by AntiEvil)
CHARACTER PERFORMANCES IN ORIGINAL GRAPHIC NOVELS
- Sam Lake as Max Payne
- Marko Saaresto as Vladimir Lem
- Olli Tukiainen as Vinnie Gognitti
- Markku Järvi as Alfred Woden
MAX PAYNE REMASTERED 1.3
- High-Quality MP1 textures imported for some of the levels
- Project Aesir levels
- Roscoe Street Station levels
- RagnaRock showDown (DMW)
, GERA_PAYNE, NINJA_NUB, SLEEPER
- MaxPayne HD model
- Template for MP5 scoped texture
- Hosting this and many other mods + the modding community.
- The first two games in Max Payne series
- Preserving the official mod tutorials and source files
on their website and of course their other work for