Mare Nostrum brings the British Commonwealth to Red Orchestra, focusing on the deserts and towns of North Africa and the surrounding Mediterranean. A trailer is available on the Steam web page, along with screen shots and more information. Now you can play as British, Polish, Australian and Italian troops, with a huge range of additional features:
· 26 all new Steam achievements.
· 14 new infantry weapons, such as the ever-distinctive Thompson
submachine gun, Bren machine gun, Beretta 1934 pistol, and the SMLE
· Full Italian and Polish localisations.
· Over 20 new crewable vehicles including the Carro Armato M13/40 and
Semovente 75/18 for the Italians, countered with multiple Valentine
tank variants, plus the Stuart I, Matilda II and Vickers Mk VIB.
· 12 new maps, including:
- Crete - Fallschirmjäger units dropping into the midst of Australian defenders in this classic battle.
- Ancona Approach - The Fallschirmjäger are back in action, this time defending against the Polish advance in eastern Italy.
- Gazala Line - Desert tank warfare does not get bigger than this. Start your engines and prepare for total war.
Road To Tunis - The war in North Africa is almost over, but the British
must first push the Axis tanks from one last mountain valley to reach
- Tobruk Central - The Australian defenders have been
under siege for longer than they can remember, how much longer will
they be able to hold out?
- Bardia - The Italian garrison is
surrounded, but they will not give us this cliff top town and its
valuable port without a struggle.
So whether it is the North African campaign, roaming the deserts in the armoured vehicle of your choice or the bitter fighting in Crete and mainland Italy, new and old players alike will get a chance to see why RO remains a classic. Now with the opportunity to re-play those battles RO-style, courtesy of Mare Nostrum! For more information on the mod (and to see the trailer) head to the Steam page.