Finally, some real news. This week I spent a lot of time on mission 12. It is already very playable, with only some balancing issues. A lot of messages will be added in the coming days/weeks to make it look like a full mission. The briefings and debriefings are written, which is a huge plus in my book because I tend to experience some serious writers' block with them.
Future plans: add some messages to mission 12, then start a new mission and get that into a similar shape. After that, I will return to mission 12 when all the other missions go beta.
Some smaller changes in light of the current news item.
- Mission 1: Mission 1 is in a really, really good shape. I don't expect to find anything wrong with it later. Mission length could be a bit longer, though.
- Mission 2: It's fine. Needs some balance refinement.
- Mission 3: The fighter-type (default) version is fine and ready to go. The bomber version needs to be made.
- Mission 4: The beginning of the mission may need some tweaks to make it more fun to play.
- Mission 5: I have some ships placed, but nothing else.
- Mission 6: Needs to be tested on all difficulty levels to make sure it plays out like it's supposed to.
- Mission 7: Not yet started.
- Mission 8: Everything is okay, apart from balancing. Currently the mission is self-play.
- Mission 9: Not yet started.
- Mission 10: Pretty satisfied with it.
- Mission 11: Per above: mostly done, needs some refinement and more messages.
- Mission 12: Gameplay is okay, needs a lot more messages, but they can be added easily enough, so I'll color this mission green..
- Mission 13: Not yet started.
I excluded the intro and the outro cutscenes from the list, as I don't consider them "missions." They will be FREDded later.
Tentative Release Date