This is a sound design project that I have built to improve my understanding of creating audio for games - unfortunately, this is not a game.

Forum Thread
Calamity_Jones: 13.02.12 (Games : Crysis 2 : Mods : Letters Upon A Page : Forum : Development Logs : Calamity_Jones: 13.02.12) Locked
Thread Options
Calamity_Jones
Calamity_Jones Executive Overlord
Feb 13 2012 Anchor

Good day, this is the champagne bottle smashing against the hull; the first post in this forum!

The idea of this place is to post less formal and (hopefully) more regular updates on what is happening in regard to this project, as compared to full news updates, which I am intending to post weekly.

I spent most of this afternoon in the local library and archive building looking at old maps of my home town - Beverley in the East Riding of Yorkshire, UK. My plan is to base the town I shall be modelling (in a level of detail as yet unspecified :P) on Beverley to a certain degree; this shall not be a like-for-like duplication of the place... I will be basing my work on how Beverley looked in around the 16th to 18th centuries, i.e. the latter half of the renaissance. ISH. I'm not fully decided on the time period I'll be setting this in, but as the Minster was completed in the 15th century - that gives me a baseline. So yeah, I've got some photocopies of these maps and some other reference images, and I'll be developing a street plan over the next few days.

The crucial point here is that I am very much willing to compromise on historical accuracy for artistic purposes, for this is supposed to be rendered within the imagination of a child, and it is NOT 'historical fantasy'. Just plain ol' fanasy, with a generous helping of comedy.

to that end, I've been messing with storyline ideas and doing some other stuff (read: musical stuff, though you won't be hearing any for at least a month!)...

I'd just like to point out again that this will initially be focussed on music and sound effects, because I'm doing a degree in music production :P

Gameplay and whatever can come later! :P

Edited by: Calamity_Jones

--

Mark 'Calamity' Jones

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.