Star Wars: Jedi Fighter beta 2 is getting close to release in late December!
The purpose of beta 2 is to get real world testing done for the multiplayer gameplay mechanics, collect feedback on fighter balancing, the maps, and on anything else you want to provide!
This youtube video shows off some of the features (and debug code and quirks) you'll see in the beta :
- Compatibility with OpenJK and with vanilla Jedi Academy with the same installation
- A cool combo execution system, reminiscent of Street Fighter II and the Last Blade series
- 1 vs 1 gameplay, spectators supported!
- An almost final set of default fighters, some familiar and some from the expanded universe:
- Luke Skywalker
- Darth Vader
- Kyle Katarn
- Mara Jade Skywalker
- Chewbacca the Wookie
- Wedge Antilles
- TK421 - isn't he a little short to be a storm trooper?
- Maarek Stele - force sensitive Tie Pilot, star of the Tie Fighter series
- Carnor Jax - attempted assassin of the emperor, eventual destroyer of the Royal Guard...
(Fighters are customizable through text files, so expect to hear more about making your server's own unique fighter sets in January!)
Hopefully this piques your interest. As soon as the beta is available, I'll post about it on moddb first! Stay tuned!