JEDI FIGHTER beta 3 is here! Get it now!
JEDI FIGHTER is a 2D fighting game mod for Jedi Academy inspired by SNK's Last Blade I & II and Capcom's Street Fighter II. Play against friends online or against challenging AI!
Features in beta 3
- Fight as 10 characters from the Star Wars movies and expanded universe, each armed with unique force powers and devastating special moves
- Fight in 5 arenas, from a Tie hangar bay, to turbolifts in the Deathstar, to the aftermath on Hoth
- New fighting game artificial intelligence, enabling fighters to learn and adapt from opponents on the fly! (new in beta 3)
- Gamepad support! (improved in beta 3)
- Full widescreen support for 16:9 (1080p and 720p), 16:10, 4K and 21:9 resolutions! Or any custom resolution!
- A dynamic camera that gives a cinematic view of the action
- Awesome title music
- and much, much more!
Your honest feedback is incredibly important and very much appreciated! Please post comments to theforums. I'll be checking them regularly so your comments will help shape the direction of the mod!
If you would like to contribute by making maps, please reach out to me via email or messages, or post to the forums. I'd appreciate the help!
You'll need to install Jedi Academy, the OpenJK engine, and Jedi Fighter beta 3 to play.
Check out these installation instructions to get started.
- Unzip both Jedi Fighter beta 3 and the OpenJK engine to your Jedi Academy\gamedata directory.
- Right click on SETUP.BAT in the Jedi Academy\gamedata\jedifighter directory and choose "Run as Administrator".
Run JF_CLIENT_OJK.BAT in your Jedi Academy\gamedata\jedifighter directory to get started. Configure your controls, max out your video settings and resolution, and have fun!
If you have any issues, check out the detailed instructions in jedifighter\_README_.txt. If you still have problems, feel free to post in the forums.
JEDI FIGHTER will continue to be improved until the v1.0 release in 2016, with a beta 4 in the next few months.
Beta 4 will focus on a few key areas:
- balancing and adding fighters (including from Star Wars: The Force Awakens)
- improved user experience with the server browser and match making
As always, thank you for playing and for your feedback!