Insurgency Beta 2.1 RC2 is available for download. The great feedback received from your side after the release of 2.1 RC1 has helped us a lot in the development of the new version. Hence, this RC2 has seen quite a few improvements:
- Fixed: players spawning inside other players (generally AFK) and being killed instantly.
- Fixed: players getting stuck when throwing a grenade when prone on certain locations.
- Shotgun pellet damage has been reduced.
- Shotgun penetration has been fixed.
- Volume slider in music options works properly now and saves the volume settings.
- It is now possible to mute other players - new option available in game menu.
- Fixed: Scoreboard not showing all the players in the server.
- Weapon caches now don't give players extra / infinite grenades that they shouldn't.
- A bug affecting some classes loadouts has been fixed.
- The in-game voice notification panel will now show the correct colors (blue or red depending on the team).
- Fixed an annoying "unconnected has disconnected" message.
- Random sound effects that could be heard while tweaking the options menu have been addressed.
- Fixed a number of known client and server crashes after collecting minidumps from the community.
- The Shader Effects Update patch will no longer be necessary.
- Third person M203 firing sounds are now audible.
- ins_samawah_day has been improved.
- USMC initial spawn area has been redesigned.
- Fixed strange effects on certain trucks.
- Made all physics props static to prevent stuck issues.
- Clipped a few area's for prone players.
- B objective no longer extends to the elevator shaft.
- Added a ladder to the top of conveyor belt in the mine building.
- Fixed an issue with scope zooms.
- Other small tweaks.
- Changed ambient light color and intensity.
- Added a extra way over the wall for USMC between their spawn and the school building.
- Decreased the size of B objective capture zone by half, cut on the insurgent side.
- Objective C moved further away.
- Fixed narrow path not letting more than 1 player go through near the initial INS spawn.
- Added extra staircase to Objective Bravo.
- Received minor additional tweaks.
- USMC voices have been reverted to the previous version (2.0 voices).
- Insurgent voices have been updated.
- Weapon sounds have been improved.
Be sure to check the official Insurgency website for more details. We'll be waiting for your feedback on this version too. Happy Downloading!