During the last 10 days I was working on some sounds effect and I decided to bring them into GS. That also led me to fix some of my mistakes I made before. In result the mod should now be in a more stable condition. Also good guy Simcardo was good enough to share his cool looking HUDs for armored vehicles with GS. And with help of the Neo82 , GS now has a multiplayer support. There's a dedicated server on which you can play GS against other players. In order to play on this server you'll need to download a "BF2ModLauncher". Start it and ingame you'll be asked to make a new online profile.
There are 2 cool things about BF2ModLauncher:
- First, the profile that you'll make there, can also be used to play other mods (AP,PR,FH2 and so on).
- Second it won't make any changes to BF2 files, which means you could at the same time have e.g. BF2Revive installed and play it if you wish on their supported servers. The profile that you make with BF2ModLauncher is different, NOT connected with e.g. BF2Revive, GameRanger and so on.
Here is the changelog of v0.8.5:
- Added new firing sounds for handheld weapons.
- Added new vehicles HUDs.
- Changed weapons RoF to work better with BF2 Engine.
- Changed weapons Crosshair size, now it's more spread out, but it's only a visual change.
- Changed weapon recoil, now it's a stronger recoil and little harder to hit enemies.
- Changed main menu music, now it's a main theme of BFBC2.
- Fixed missing sounds on some weapons.
- Tweaked localization files, but I still recommend to play this mod with English version.
Sample images of the new vehicle HUDs:
Sample of the new sounds effect: