Far Cry 4: Redux is the newest in my "Redux" line of FC mods. It's focused on immersion, and improving the original game.
Immersion focused "new game +" expeirence. No tagging, seeing through walls, etc. Most of the HUD and UI is removed. Manual reloads, holster your weapon, etc.
Ubi updated the game, and now the language files are read from a separate patch. If you have an up to date legit version, you need to manually unpack patch and patch_chn, and add the languages folder from Redux, then repack these files. If you are using an offline "backup" of FC4, you're good to go.
Update 3 - Version 0.4 - 7/7/2020
- Intro properly removed. Game starts at the dinner table with Pagan. (Thanks Scubrah!)
Update 2 - Version 0.3 - 2/29/2020
- Updated the holster function to allow Mine/IED/Repair Tool to be drawn from holster
Update 1 - Version 0.2 - 2/18/2020
- Changed the way FOV works (via the first person camera ark.fcb)
- Added proper ammo names
- More vehicle FOV changes
- Proper holster system (H to holster, 1/2/3/4 to draw desired weapon)
Initial Release - Version 0.1 - 2/15/2020
This, like all my Redux mods is an immersion focused "new game +" expeirence. No tagging, seeing through walls, etc. Most of the HUD and UI is removed.
- Manual reloads
- No Lens Flares
- Holster weapons (H to holster, "aim" to draw)
- Player jumps a little higher
- Player walks a little slower
- Player does NOT auto draw their weapon after swimming, leaving a building, etc.
- All weapons unlocked from the start, but must be purchased.
- Towers remove the fog of war, but do not give free weapons
- Full map is open from the start
- Mod removes most UI elements not covered by the options menu, including mine and c4 indicators, and the crouch icon. I recommend turning off everything but loot readout, as well as disabling blinking items in the interface menu.
- More attachments for weapons
- Higher weapon FOV for all weapons
- The "87" is now a standard sidearm, and the reflex sight has been removed.
- The D2 features wood furniture by default, and has two shots
- The range of some weapons has been increased.
- Headshot damage has increased
- Most inputs are now "press" instead of "hold".
- You must start a new game, or use the included save file to experience the mod as intended. Many features will not work with existing saves.
- The Karma Point display bug has not been fixed yet. Leave it set to "on" in the interface menu.
What's not finished
- Removing the friendly fire penalty. This was figured out in FC5, but so far no one knows how to remove the instant kill penalty from shooting too many friendlies. If you know how to do this, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I will give you full credit!
- Some vehicle FOVs have not yet been altered.
- Everyone who has provided feedback on the previous Redux mods, and convinced me to make a Redux mod for FC4