Elder Kings is an Elder Scrolls themed total conversion for the Paradox Development Studio game Crusader Kings 2. It allows players to live out their dreams of ruling one of the great realms of Tamriel and leading their dynasty through it's various eras and challenges. While still effectively a Work-In-Progress Project, Elder Kings still offers one of the biggest gameplay experiences available for a released CK2 mod!
Manual Installation alternative of Elder Kings 0.1.4b. If you are able to use the installer, we recommend using that instead of the zip archive. Please follow the basic installation instructions if using the archive. REMEMBER: Large modifications MUST go into your C:\Users\<USER>\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod folder!
Elder Kings is not considered fully compatible with 32-bit Operating Systems due to increased instability. If you want to try Elder Kings on your 32-bit System you should download the Zip Archive and follow the installation instructions within.
We advise you to ensure you have the latest drivers for your Motherboard/CPU and your Graphics Processor and that you have downloaded and installed the very latest DirectX Drivers available.
To increase the chances of Elder Kings running on your 32-bit System, disable all unnecessary DLC (Music Packs, Dynasty Shield Packs, Sunset Invasion, Unit Packs) and do not use the optional Music Mod. Finally another thing you can try is to increase the size of your virtual memory paging file if using a Windows 32bit OS; simply google for your specific OS for instructions on how to do this.
- [Added] More fleshed out Khajiit Portraits.
- [Fix] Mane trait missing description.
- [Fix] Various localisation issues.
- [Fix] Rule by Might no longer overwrites Temple/City Succession Laws.
- [Fix] Baroness of Wayrest incorrectly set as a man.
- [Fix] Pyrrahn no longer incorrectly set as a Republic.
- [Fix] Missing Barony name in Simia.
- [Fix] Missing Edict Icons.
- [Fix] Missing Runestone decision icon.
- [Fix] Tamwell duplicate entry causing holding problems in Argonia.
- [Fix] Slave Rebellions misfiring and having no effect.
- [Fix] Holding a Summer Fair or other seasonal event will no longer lock you out of holding more of them in that character's lifetime.
- [Fix] Economy Techpoints going into the negative.
- [Fix] Cultural retinues no longer available to all cultures.
- [Fix] Small Knightly Order now reports the correct tech requirement.
- [Fix] Vampire event "loop" error corrected.
- [Fix] Vigilants of Stendarr adding a holding to an already full province.
- [Fix] Disappearing Necromancer trait (related to borked potential conditions).
- [Fix] Empire of Tamriel defaulting to agnatic gavelkind upon creation.
- [Fix] Appointing Republic Heir not functioning correctly, causing game-over if you lose republic elections or your initial patrician ruler dies.
- [Fix] Numerous minor event syntax issues.
- [Tweak] Vampire fertility has been reduced temporarily while the system is being rewritten.
- [Tweak] Vampire "turning" has been greatly reduced.
- [Tweak] Yokudan Empire and Empire of Tamriel, as well as a few other realms, have had their colours adjusted to be less similar.
- [Tweak] AI will suffer marginally less Warlord Uprisings than previously.
- [Tweak] Mer lifespans have been adjusted, more should now survive into their 300s