Based on the award winning Red Orchestra: Ostfront, Darkest Hour: Europe ‘44-’45 is a free, online multiplayer, total-conversion mod that raises the bar for intensity, realism and emphasis on teamwork to crush your enemies and achieve victory.
Version 1.1 of the DH: N 1944 mod by Dark Light Games. Changes this version include bug fixes, new maps, new features, and tweaks to gameplay. See File Detail for a summary of changes.
Authors: Dark Light Games
This addresses a swathe of bugs reported after version 1.0 was released. It also includes a number of new maps, some new features and many changes to existing weapons and systems.
The incredibly popular custom map by DarkLight mapper SchutzeSepp is now official!
Elements of the 101st Airborne have advanced to the edge of the Bois Jacques forest on the outskirts of the town of Foy. Easy Company, 2nd battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, and Item Company, 3rd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment of the 101st Airborne lead the Assault into the town of Foy at 0900 on 13January1945. Waiting for them however are the Pionier-Abteilung 26 (26th Volksgrenadier Engineer Battalion), a number of Anti-Tank guns from the Panzer-Jäger-Abteilung 26 (26th Volksgrenadier Anti-Tank Battalion) and a Sturmgeschütz III (StuG III) from the 244th Assault Gun Brigade. The fighting will be vicious and bloody...
Foy introduces a novel method of "selectable spawns", enabling players to choose their spawn point and more effectively attack or defend where it's needed most. This map is also based on satellite data and photographs of Foy and the surrounding areas, in order to make it as accurate as possible.
This map features a new approach to battles. It consists of 2 seperated zones, with fighting occurring simultaneously in both, and the outcome of the skirmish in one zone has a drastic impact on the battle raging in the other.
The Allies must Secure the town of St Fromond and the vital bridge accross the Vire River, but constant artillery is falling onto the bridge area making it almost impossible for the bridge to be captured and repaired.
A small squad of Allied tank crew are sent to silence these guns in the secondary zone in order to stop the shelling on the town. Once this objective is complete, the artillery barrages will cease on the main zone and the tank crew can then spawn into the main battle, where tanks will become available to assist in the attack.
Axis artillery crew and officers attempt hold the guns in the secondary zone. They must hold off the attack by the tankers to enable the artillery to continue shelling the town. If they fail to hold the guns, they will then spawn into the main battle to help defend the final objectives.
One of the more Popular Custom Maps out for Darkesthour at the moment.
Allies have to advance through a forest and capture the objectives, then move out and capture the Pak bunkers to complete the map.
A follow on map from Merville Battery. After securing the gun emplacements, the night has passed without incident for the British paratroopers. With the break of dawn however, the Germans counterattack and the Allies must drive them back by pushing further into enemy territory. From the compound's rear gate, they must fight their way to the nearby manor house and once there, setup a base of fire to repel the advancing Axis forces.
A small infantry only map, the Allies hold a hill with useable mortars situated at its peak. These mortars can be used to rain death down upon the advancing Germans. The Axis forces must capture a small cottage and a downed Stuka, before mounting a final assault on the hilltop Battery to take the mortar position and eradicate the Allied prescence in the area.
Weapon and System Changes
* Bipod on Bren, BAR and FG42 are now deployed with the "Deploy" key, rather than the IronSights key to prevent accidental deployment in combat. Ironsights key can still be used to undeploy bipod however
* Bazooka/Panzerschreck/PIAT accuracy increased drastically
* When switching weapons from the Bazooka/Panzerschreck, any loaded rounds are now returned to a players inventory rather than being destroyed
* The Bazooka/Panzerschreck class now starts with 1 initial rocket
* New weapon sounds for M1 Garand, Colt M1911, and all Allied vehicles
* Moved the ironsights away from the screen to increase view on the following weapons
-Enfield No. 4
-Enfield No. 2
* BAR/Bren/FG42 can now cancel reloading with the bipod deployed by using the undeploy key
* Players can now resupply BAR/Bren with ammunition in the same way as an MG
* Front sight bar narrowed to provide more accurate aiming on the following weapons
-No. 4 Enfield
* 30 Cal MG now has rear sight flipped down when deployed
* Springfield scope now has a plain crosshair
* Slightly reduced FG42 recoil while using the bipod
* Bazooka/Panzerschreck/PIAT now have a much smaller blast radius
* Bazooka sights are now set 100/200/300 yards, rocket speed and arc have changed accordingly
* Panzerschreck sights are now ranged for 100/150/200 metres, rocket speed and arc have changed accordingly
* PIAT sights are now set to 70/100/130 yards, projectile speed and arc have changed accordingly
* Players can now only resupply AT weapons once
* Higgins boat speed decreased
* Higgins boat tweaked to decrease chance of killing players standing in it, but who haven't "used" the vehicle
* Main Menu screen now displays current game version
* Position 8 in Higgins boat no longer has the same player viewpoint as position 7
* Players no longer fall through the floor when exiting a stationary Higgins boat
* Players attempting to exit the Higgins boat while it is moving no longer appear outside the boat
* Players exiting Higgins boat now appear in correct locations, rather than clumped on a single point at the back of the boat (halfway through the floor)
* Players exiting the Higgins boat no longer find themselves facing backwards or a random angle. They now always face the front (the exit ramp)
* Players' stance height now correctly adjusted when deploying the bipod on the BAR/Bren/FG42
* Fixed bug where a proned player could deploy a BAR/Bren/FG42, then stand up with the bipod still deployed
* No. 2 revolver firing animation no longer rapidly spins backwards after each shot
* BAR's fire mode switch animation now plays correctly when in iron sights
* BAR no longer plays cocking sound on non-empty reloads (when the bolt isn't worked in the animation)
* Panzerschreck/Bazooka/PIAT weapon image is no longer squashed out of proportion on the role selection screen
* Fixed a glitch where a PIAT could be fired twice without reloading
* PIAT bomb now appears correctly on the weapon after a reload when playing online
* Players can now only resupply MG weapons once
* Fixed numerous issues and inconsistencies with Bazooka/Panzerschreck resupply
* US Smoke Grenade sprint animation now starts correctly
* Fixed Map Voting window so chat box and vote counts display properly
* Fixed broken "In-Game Chat" (chat log) window
* Darkest Hour menus now display correctly after a player is disconnected from a server instead of stock Red Orchestra ones
Omaha Beach Dog Green Sector
* Removed east side of map to make fighting more concentrated
* Removed sections of wall around main beach bunkers to allow better line of fire for AT guns
* Added firing slots to main beach bunkers
* Objectives are now more linear
-1. Seawall Centre -> 2. WestBeachead -> 3. Crossroads -> 4. Church
* West Seawall is now an optional objective
* Crossroads is now the only recappable objective
* Axis spawn at west beach-head moved - They now spawn in the underground bunker with the rear exit, which has been enlarged
* Raised AT weapons for better line of fire.
* Redid Allied spawn areas and added minefields for spawn protection
* Added resupply points
* Added door to Horsa to prevent people jumping out
* Added spawn protection to all spawn areas
Redid Axis spawns - There are now 2 FJ spawns in underground bunker until Gun 2 is lost, then 4 FJ spawns behind Gun 4.
Whact Am Rhein
All colisions removed from Trees - You can now shoot through them and hide in them.
* Removed Allied anti-tank class. PIATs can still be picked up from gliders however
* Added one Allied sniper
(This is not a complete list)
* When using a resupply point with the PIAT selected, the bomb doesn't appear in the weapon, even though it's loaded. Changing weapons, then choosing the PIAT again will rectify
* Many weapons missing "weapon empty" animations
* Third person animations are quite often screwed up
* Player models have problems with their wrists shooting off at right-angles on death
* Colt 1911 has a see-through slide
* Allied artillery request is the German one
* Right-clicking DarkestHour in Steam's "My Games" list and choosing "Launch Game" starts Red Orchestra instead of Darkest Hour. This is a glitch in TW's code and there is nothing we can do about it. Mare Nostrum has the same issue.
* After reloading the Panzerschreck/Bazooka, the game goes to a semi in-and-out of ironsights state. It doesn't do so after a reload initiated by a player or ammo dump however. Simply press the ironsights key to rectify.