I've got some great news for those who want to play FORTS in multiplayer-games.
I made a lot of small changes and revised most of the code ending up with FORTS being suitable for multiplayer battles!
So far, there is still much to do as the mod tends to cause crashes on the server sometimes.
I've redone the construction system from the sketch up to make the mod playable on more Onslaught-maps.
Here is a list of changes so far:
- Players now place buildings via construction vehicles spawning near each team's PowerCore.
- The construction vehicle can be driven to the future site of the building, then you can select the
type of building to be placed similar to the original Construction Tool-function and then deploy the
construction vehicle which unpacks into the building.
- The Construction Tool remains in the game, but is now only used to interact with buildings and to
call in the Air Strike or the Ion Cannon Strike.
- Buildings can now be placed on slopes and rough terrain as long as you can go there with the
- Buildings which are deployed on slopes or rough terrain will be placed on platforms which will be
erected by the construction vehicle automatically
And here is a list of upcoming changes:
-Redo the collision for Praetorian and Gladiator tanks
-Re-balance the Cobra hover tank
-Replace the mining vehicles and Harvester Bases by stationary mining assets so that don't have to
care about "who takes the delivery truck"
I am planning to upload a patch for version 3.1 when the mod runs stable in multiple network tests and a larger update containing new models, buildings and vehicles later on.
Stay tuned for more news.