Call of Duty 2 Wold at War is a multiplayer proyect that aims to bring some of the new COD5 features to the COD2 engine while retaining the feeling and some of the characteristics that make the COD2 experience so unique. The COD5 pc beta gave us a sneak peak of what would be nice to take from COD5 and what to leave unchanged in COD2, the result is this beta version of the CoD2WaW mod that even thou is far from complete it is more than enough to give players a good taste of what to expect from it. Some of the features ported from COD5 include: COOP support (via bots), Greatly improved graphics and sound engine, additional blood, weather and tracer effects, Ranking system, realistic weapons and much much more. (read the 0.8 features section in the readme for more details).
Some of the features ported from COD5 include: COOP support (via bots), Greatly improved graphics and sound engine, additional blood and weather effects, Ranking system and much much more. Use the "7" and "8" buttons to add bots on coop supported maps!
There is a Readme file inside the CoD2WaW08beta.rar, it is in the "docs" folder and it has all the details you need to get the mod running in no time ;)
0.8 Beta Features (these features are done):
- Remade bots difficulty and skill settings, now there are 6: Novice, Easy, Medium (default), Hard, Veteran and Extreme. (you can REALLY tell the difference between them now)
- Bots have personalities now. (bots are no longer clones of each other, they have different stats and play styles. (now two bots with the same weapon can be one on top of the score and the other on the bottom because of this!)
- Remade Accuracy algorithm calculation for the ai. (now bots don't aim to the head so much and have a realistic spread like when firing from the hip. (except on extreme mode where they still do alot of headshots!)
- Full Team Deathmatch Game Mode Support.
- New High Definition more Realistic Sound effects for all the weapons.
- New High Definition Skins for all the weapons.
- New High Definition Skins for the Characters. (not necessarily more realistic)
- New Mortar Effects and Sounds for every map.
- New blood, smoke, explosions and tracer effects.
- New Bot Taunts, pain and death sounds.
- New Ranking System with Upgrades.
- Weapons have been tweaked so that human players don't have an unfair advantage
over the bots and also be more realistic.
- New Scopes for the sniper rifles.
- WAR mode, read the WAR readme in the Docs folder for details.
- New Menu with weapons Settings and Back button functionality by Shelby.
- Added new waypoints. (villers bocage, viking's omaha, trainyard, Resistance Paris and carentan ville)NOTE: some features and additions from other authors where added as a placeholder for the internal beta and will change
for the final and public version.
- Two map packs, zzz2.iwd and zzz3.iwd with 15 maps each containing the best work from the COD2 comunity so far. (Downloaded separately and have no waypoints yet)