When Apocalypse Weekend was released as the add-on for Postal 2, it added the new Boomerang Machete, Sledgehammer, and Scythe. Unfortunately, the major complaint about AW was that the "free-roam" element from Postal 2 was gone. Not only could you not roam freely in AW, but you couldn't take these new weapons back to the original Postal 2 levels, either. AWP changes all that. AWP is an enhanced version of the original Postal 2 game and combines it with the AW expansion pack weapons and levels, plus tons of extra bonuses to make the ultimate Postal 2 experience. AWP adds tons of new features to the normal Postal 2 and AW games: Use AW's weapons and gameplay in the original Postal 2 levels New custom weapons, plus weapons from the hit mods Eternal Damnation and Improved "behind the scenes" game handling to (hopefully) reduce crashes Brand-new cheats, such as unlimited dog helpers and police-hating bystanders Destroyable doors for quick shortcuts More blood, guts,...

Forum Thread
AW7 Version 1.5 Patch Update Progress (Games : Postal 2: Apocalypse Weekend : Mods : AWP (A Week in Paradise) : Forum : General AW7 Discussion : AW7 Version 1.5 Patch Update Progress) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 11 2006 Anchor

I'll use this thread to report on all the things that get changed in the AW7 Version 1.5 Patch. Feel free to insert your own comments.

Here's all that I've done so far.

Lucky Ganesh
The clerk in the Lucky Ganesh, Habib, wasn't leaving the cashier's cage if you stole the milk. This was due to a pathfinding error that I caused when I rebuilt the level for AW7. The bug has been fixed and he will chase you down again, so beware.

Grossman's Arcade
The clerk behind the counter at Grossman's Arcade wasn't handling NPC customers properly. He now does, and bystanders can purchase tokens. They won't go and play games yet but I may include that behavior later if I have time.

Auto-Save
I forget when this was fixed (it might have been fixed in AW7 already) but auto-saved games will no longer keep auto-saving every time you reload them. This was a very annoying behavior that I decided to turn off.

Game Selection
Game selection has been enhanced since the first release of AW7. You can now pick from the following games: Entire AW7, Monday through Friday only, Weekend only, Original Apocalypse Weekend, and Original Postal 2. Additionally, you can now enable Enhanced Mode if you've beaten the game at least once. Enhanced Mode works just like it does in the original Postal 2, and will also power up certain AW7 weapons as well.

Weapons
There will be three Eternal Damnation weapons available without cheats: Baseball Bat, Flame Thrower, and Chainsaw. Other weapons (Brass Knuckles, Sawn-Off Shotgun) can be obtained through cheat codes.

The Nuke Launcher and Holy Hand Grenade have been vastly improved. The Holy Grenades now have an alt-firing mode by popular demand. It works just like the normal grenade. Additionally, the explosions from both the holy grenades and the nukes will blow the head and limbs off of the victims and send them flying. With the Holy Grenade, this results in a limbless, headless corpse as the limbs go flying (sometimes the body itself will be split as well). With the Nuke Launcher, the body explodes in a shower of gibs, and the limbs and head rain from the heavens. For maximum fun, shoot the Nuke Launcher into a dense crowd of people and watch the limbs fly.

The Pitchfork has been replaced with Biohazardous Snark's new pitchfork. The weapon functions the same, but the static mesh has changed.

Enhanced Mode Weapon Effects
Here's a list of the Enhanced Mode weapon effects for AW7's weapons:

• Baseball Bat: If you knock an enemy's head off with the bat, three heads are spawned instead of just one.
  • Flame Thrower: Flames shoot further and faster.
  • Grenade Launcher: In a throwback to the old days of the K&W Mod, the Grenade Launcher shoots exploding cats in enhanced mode. The cats bounce around, just like the old Cat Launcher.
  • Holy Hand Grenade: Holy Grenades become Bouncing Bettys and split into five different grenades after the first bounce. Maximum destruction guaranteed or your money back.
  • Katana: Alt-firing the Katana lets you throw a Katana and still keep the katana in your hand (like the Bladey cheat).
  • S.M.E.G.: The SMEG's alt-fire mode is far more powerful and destructive. And loud. Keep plenty of distance between yourself and your target.
  • M@D Shuriken: The Shuriken is sharper and more deadly. It will slice entire bodies in two.
  • M@D SMP Ingram: The SMP will now shoot scissors instead of bullets (like the NowWeDance cheat).
  • M@D Silenced Pistol: The Silenced Pistol will shoot enemies' limbs and head off, like the oldschool Severance mod. This has a nice effect of a headshot being an instant kill now, as it will lop off the head.
  • M@D Silenced Sniper: OK, we all hate the enhanced mode effects of the Hunting Rifle. I mean, instead of an instant kill, you get a lame-o explosion. How gay is that? Well, with the Silenced Sniper, you don't get a lame-o explosion: you get a MASSIVE NUKE EXPLOSION. Watch your enemy gib up through the scope after firing. You'll never get bored of it.

No other AW7 weapons have Enhanced Mode effects.

More updates to come.

Jun 30 2006 Anchor

Several updates. Check the image gallery for screenshots of the new zombies from ED. Also, I'm expanding the town of Paradise for the patch. There will be a brand-new suburbs level that will link to the school level, as well as a brand-new "Wal-Mart"-type level or something of that nature.

Jul 1 2006 Anchor

I have a Idea make the 8-balls in Enhanced Mode split in to all of the other billiard balls!

Aug 18 2006 Anchor

I am cofused...
I just finished Postal 2 StP and AW. Searching the net yesterday for info about this game I bumped on this awesome mod, downloaded the zip and instaled. Now when I was searching for the cheats I found this info about the patch, but where is it?

Aug 20 2006 Anchor

Shaidon wrote: I am cofused...
I just finished Postal 2 StP and AW. Searching the net yesterday for info about this game I bumped on this awesome mod, downloaded the zip and instaled. Now when I was searching for the cheats I found this info about the patch, but where is it?

He's working on the patch. Not releasing it.

Aug 22 2006 Anchor

make a blckhole generator, who suck in bystanders and when its done it spits out limbs and meat :D

Aug 25 2006 Anchor

The new additions look amazing! I can't wait for this patch to be released. Any ETA yet?

Aug 26 2006 Anchor

this ready the patch ?

Nov 18 2006 Anchor

I hope sawn-off shotgun has same effect as it has in ED

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.