Welcome to today's modification update for the Assassination Mod, which is being created by Anarchy Productions. Today's update mainly performs as a summary update. Various assets and so forth which form part of the modification have been posted around the Crymod forums, denoted as an asset/level for the modification by the "[Assassination Mod]" text at the start of the thread title. Today's update summarizes three items that have been posted on the forums, as well as an update on the previously shown "US Marine" character.
US Marine Character
First up for today's update are two updated renders of the US Marine character that will feature in the modification, which show him posed in two different positions, and from two different angles, with our previously created and shown MP5A4 sub-machine gun. The model and texture are currently marked as completed, although further work may need to be performed at a later date. The model and texture have been created by team member Quillisia.
Secondly for today's update, we have two renders of a Bumper Car prop for the Chernobyl/Pripyat level that is to be included with the modification. The renders are currently slightly outdated, with minor modifications and additions including modification of the proportions of the wheel and pedals, and the addition of a bent and mangled antenna/'wire' to the back. The Bumper Car was modelled and textured by team member glenatron.
Next up, we have some of the first progress on the mod's Snowy/Icy level to present to you here, which is being developed by new team member Nano.. The first two screenshots are currently outdated, where the third and final one shows the latest progress that has been made upon the level, including most noticeably ToD, fog, and other general atmosphere changes.
As the last content item for today's update, we have a Russian gasmask that has been created for the Chernobyl/Pripyat level that is to be included with the modification. It is nearing completion, although it still requires tweaking for ingame use. The below screenshots showcase it attached to a standard NK model. Both the model and texture were created by team member Quillisia, and the model exported ingame by myself, callofduty511.
The Assassination Mod is currently steadily moving along, although any new talented additions to the team are always welcome, with the current positions listed below being open. For more information on how to apply, be sure to check out the official recruitment thread, which is located here. If you are capable of something, but a position for it isn't listed, feel free to apply anyway and we'll be sure to consider your application.
- Weapons Animator - A weapons animator is required in the team to create multiple first-person animations for the various weapons in the Assassination Mod, which will involve animating the weapon concerned, and player arms. It is not necessary to know how to rig the weapons for ingame use, but if you are unable to rig them you must have a version of 3DS Max 2008 or above.
- Particle Creator - An experienced particle creator who is capable of creating dozens of new particle effects, ranging from explosions to bullet impacts, is needed. A degree of knowledge in balancing optimization and appearance is a must.
- Prop UVW Unwrapper - We're in need of people who can UVW unwrap all the props created for the Assassination Mod, with most props rarely being too complex. The position however is not urgent, and anyone who takes the position will likely only be given work occasionally.
- Prop Texturer - The team is currently in need of a prop texturer, who can texture various props. It would be preferable if you could UVW unwrap, although not absolutely necessary. The position however is not urgent, and anyone who takes the position will likely only be given work occasionally.
- Vegetation Modeller/Texturer - We're now in need of a vegetation modeller/texturer to create various new types of vegetation (Mainly trees) for the levels in the Assassination Mod.
That's all for today's Assassination Mod update, we hope you enjoyed it! If you have any questions, comments or feedback, be sure to leave them here for us in the official forum thread for the modification!
- Crymod Forum Thread: Assassination Mod - New Update Released (18/06/09) - Page 21!
- Crymod Recruitment Thread: Assassination Mod - Open Positions
- Crymod Team Profile: Anarchy Productions
- Anarchy Productions