Okay, guys. I know some of you are bummed out by the cancelation of Nyctophoiba. And some of you (most specifically one of you) have messaged me what's going on. Well, here's what's going on. The Nyctophobia was not turning out so good, and with everything that was going on, between school and social life, this game was a priority. The thing is, the game engine was poor; poor AI, sound messing up, scripts getting messed up (though this wasn't totally unfixable), map size, and the horrid physics. Luckily, The Game Creators (the devs of the FPSC engine) are remaking and improving the FPSC engine. They are adding more features to make this engine much better and get a way better review than that of what I just explained. They are improving the engine with just the things I need; graphics improvements (yay 2012 graphics), new weapons, improved atmosphere (well, atleast from the released videos I've seen), improved AI, new scripts, and plenty more. I will post a link to the Kickstarter page of that at the end of this article. Anyways, what should you expect from Random Army? Let's put a list out here:
- The new engine means I will be making new games with it.
- These new games will have more possibilities: bigger size, and the other mentioned featues.
- The new games will not have cheap 2005 graphics that the original Nyctophobia was going to have.
- Multiple types of FPS' to be expected other than just horror (of course)
- And just about all of those mawesome features from earlier.
And to anyone who here reading who supports Random Army, thanks for reading this.
That Kickstarter link promised from earlier:
Edit: Hopefully the project gets enough funds. Crossing fingers.