While still very far from finished, Alux3D's "Frontline" game mode now contains the absolute bare minimum of features required to allow a round to be completed:
- Players spawn as "lights".
- Lights can move around and manifest bricks, infantry and "crackpacks" on their team's soil.
- Lights can take control of infantry units.
- Infantry units can pick up crackpacks and use them to destroy enemy bricks and soil.
- Infantry units can destroy enemy infantry units and planted crackpacks.
Here's some footage of a 1vs1 test game:
(Keep in mind that visuals and sound are of no concern this early in development.)
What is of concern, is that moving & shooting (the very basics of every FPS) still feel very awkward.
So while there are still a lot of technical issues specific to the Frontline game mode (biggest one being the lack of optimized rendering for soil & bricks), getting moving & shooting to "feel right" will be my next focus when working on the game.