This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Artists located Anywhere.
Posted by PSR Digital on
What you’ll do:
3D Artists are part of a long-held industry tradition to make things look pretty using polygons. 3D Artists are a vital part of any 3D game (of course), responsible for creating props, setpieces, and characters to populate the world.
PSR Digital is looking to fill this role for Peer Review, a reimagining of Half-Life: Decay.
Please note that due to the licensing terms of Valve's Source SDK, we are unable to release our project commercially, which means we have no way of recouping any costs associated with the project, including compensation for your work. As such, this is a volunteer position only.
Who you are:
• An enthusiastic, friendly developer who is willing to work with a team
• Able to read and write fluent English
• Someone with a suitable amount of free time willing to be dedicated to the project (this is flexible and vague, but we don’t want anyone just kind of popping in only once every month or so!)
• Willing and able to effectively give and receive constructive feedback
• Have access to an internet connection stable and fast enough for frequent uploads and downloads
• Owner of a 3D modeling package that has a working Source Engine modeling toolchain available for it
• Capable of creating clean, complex and optimized model geometry with efficient polygon use
• Capable of creating geometry that conforms to the standard Hammer grid when necessary
• Capable of unwrapping low poly geometry to create efficient UV Maps
• Capable of baking maps from a high poly to a low poly model
• Able to quickly iterate on designs based on feedback from peers
• Basic knowledge of how to use the Hammer editor is preferred, but not required
• Knowledge of general Source Engine compiling and implementation is a plus
• Texture creation experience is preferred, but not required
• Experience modelling to bake maps for 2D textures is a plus
Fill out our application form: Goo.gl