All of the thanks to goes to Carnius for a great mod, I am thankful that you are kind enough to make this for me and the rest of the CNC community, without caring about any kind of pay or reimbersment. I and, I believe the rest of the CNC community really just want to say, THANKS CARNIUS! and thank you for coming to TEF.

Forum Thread
Renagate 2 and more (Groups : Tiberium Essence Fans : Forum : General Banter : Renagate 2 and more) Locked
Thread Options
Starfox100
Starfox100 "Inferno Phoenix" field Commander
Jul 20 2011 Anchor

Karos wrote: if they ever make a second renagade, they should base it around this mod as aposed to normal C&C 3. manly so i can see the MMk2 and counquer fight from a commandos perspective, pluss bases would look so awsome

StarFox100 wrote: there was a 2nd coming.. only Stopped the progress. well, they stopped making it PERMANENT (It would also go on with the scrin and next step to C&C4)this could be a great game from EA.. but no, they stop it and make a VERY crappy C&C4... and you actually don't know what happens in between.game name: Tiberium
Youtube.com Trailer+ ingame
Youtube.com earth, will fall

sandmann wrote: thare was going to be a renegade 2,but it was going to be based off of red alert 2,i dono why it was canceld,then thare was going to be "tiberium".another fps that was going to be bassed off of c&c3,the game was killed befor the third mission was created due to it not meeting the quality standerds set by e.a.what standers? no one knows

By quality standards? they never did that with C&C4, that's for sure

rest of forum: Moddb.com

Edited by: Starfox100

Jul 20 2011 Anchor

C&C4 was a joke plot-wise. Gameplay was alright at best in my opinion, but canon got thrown out of the window. Major plot-points such as: the Scrin's revenge, what happened to the forces of Nod between the end of Kane's Wrath and the start of the C&C4 plot (including its backstory), and finally what Kane intended to do with the world.
Then of course there's less major points, such as why the world seems relatively free of Tiberium if the network hasn't been activated yet, why Nod has suddenly turned from their vast army of cyborgs (Marked of Kane) to guys in weird power-armour ("Nice suit!" makes me sad...), and how much of the Brotherhood turned to Gideon and why.
BTW did anyone think like I did that the tiberium "pulses" when you captured some of the major plot hubs which killed all nearby units was part of some plan by Kane to unleash forced evolution on the world once more? I was hugely disappointed when the master plan was for Kane to say "well, it's been fun, these catastrophic wars, the massive depopulisation of the planet by the tiberium I helped to spread, and the many times I've been killed. Good clean fun. Anyway, I'm off now. I'll clear up your tib problem for you, then take my fanatical followers with me. See you next time!"
Seriously? It all amounts to this? Or maybe he'd suddenly decided that humanity wasn't worth his time...

playmsbk
playmsbk 21st Special Nod Division
Jul 21 2011 Anchor

Yeah, EA just forgot about the "Tiberian Future", the Scrin reinvading at the end of KW, where the fuck Tiberium went, cyborgs and other stuff, as well as gameplay being fucked up (not only for C&C, but a game in general) and requiring internet connection all the time and of course the unlock system.

--

FIGHT FOR THE BROTHERHOOD, DIE FOR KANE!

GoldenArbiter
GoldenArbiter Proud servant of Kane
Jul 21 2011 Anchor

Yay for an EA hate thread...
I also hate EA.

does anyone remember the dune game series? how it was the first RTS game made (or something like that)? How could EA just shit on westwoods legacy like that?

and what about petroglyph? do they even care that their old studio's legacy is being turned into.... well.. C&C4?

--

"Before enlightenment: Chop wood, fetch water. After enlightenment: Chop wood, fetch water." -zen proverb

Jul 21 2011 Anchor

I thought that the gameplay was alright. It was like an arcade RTS.
As you said, it shat all over C&C, but as a standalone game it was alright. As a C&C game, it was an insult.

Smallchange
Smallchange GDI, 101st Airborn Division, Firehawk Pilot
Jul 27 2011 Anchor

Oatesy03 wrote: C&C4 was a joke plot-wise. Gameplay was alright at best in my opinion,

Cant say that i even agree that game-play was alright... (Bottom Bar ruined it for me LOL)

But you guys keep saying "C&C4" sucked... think about TW... when compared to TS... it is barely playable without someone like carnius or retarded trying to make it better (which both have done, but carnius did much better)

Starfox100
Starfox100 "Inferno Phoenix" field Commander
Jul 28 2011 Anchor

well, it was still C&C, not like it suppose to be.. but it still was C&C.

--

User Posted Image
May the fox be with you...

playmsbk
playmsbk 21st Special Nod Division
Jul 30 2011 Anchor

I found many things of TW superior than the ones of TS, like the design for units, especially the GDI ones which all looked like boxes with legs or guns and no actual texturing other than a complete brown color, as well as that lame gray for Nod, and that is part how TE won me and not other mods who use the TS textures. Also, TW had lots of different upgrades and support powers and abilities which could be more easily usable than the few ones TS had. Of course TS has many things TW lacks, and that is what led to Tiberium Essence, to combine the most awesome stuff from both games and make a perfect mod.

--

FIGHT FOR THE BROTHERHOOD, DIE FOR KANE!

Smallchange
Smallchange GDI, 101st Airborn Division, Firehawk Pilot
Jul 30 2011 Anchor

playmsbk wrote: I found many things of TW superior than the ones of TS, like the design for units, especially the GDI ones which all looked like boxes with legs or guns and no actual texturing other than a complete brown color, as well as that lame gray for Nod, and that is part how TE won me and not other mods who use the TS textures. Also, TW had lots of different upgrades and support powers and abilities which could be more easily usable than the few ones TS had. Of course TS has many things TW lacks, and that is what led to Tiberium Essence, to combine the most awesome stuff from both games and make a perfect mod.

yeah, what he said :)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.