Desura is a community driven digital distribution service for gamers, putting the best games, mods and downloadable content from developers at gamers fingertips, ready to buy and play. Welcome to the official Desura BLOG.

Forum Thread
Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy (Groups : Desura : Forum : Application Linux : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 29 2013 Anchor

I was running 64-bit Ubuntu 13.04 Raring with the Desura Linux client and Nvidia proprietary drivers with no issues. After upgrading to Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy 64bit, I cannot watch videos in the in the Desura client. That seems to be the only issue as everything else in the client appears to work (D/L, run games, screenshots, etc).

I removed/reinstalled Desura 64bit client, did a force reinstall and nothing changed, videos still do not run. After reading other options in this forum, I decided to uninstall Desura and try Desurium. With Desurium at least the video applet is active as indicated with a mouse hover, but upon clicking the play button, the program crashes.

I decided to run Desurium from terminal and there is a "flashwrapper" error (sorry, not at my computer now to give you the exact error message). I removed and purged Desurium and reinstalled the Desura Linux client, ran that from terminal, and I get the same flashwrapper message. I also tried: export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1 ./desura

as suggested by the Desura member and that did not help either. Lastly, I tried another forum's post of replacing libdesura_flashwrapper with adobe's libflashplayer (both as-is and renaming the file to libdesura_flashwrapper) and no luck there either.Any suggestions on what to try? This flash issue with Desura seems to have gone on for awhile now in some form or another. Thanks in advance.

* EDIT * My apologies the error is not flashwrapper as I stated prior, this is the actual error I receive: NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING:(src/wrapper/npw-wrapper.c:2860):invoke_NPP_HandleEvent: assertion failed: (rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))

Thanks

Sorry, after further investigating this was reported back in 2011: Indiedb.com
Hopefully something will turn up to correct this issue for 64-bit users?

Edited by: stevedude

Oct 31 2013 Anchor

Hi.
Exact same problem on 13.10_64 here (I actually had to check it, since I didn't notice videos wouldn't run in the first place).
I suppose Desura Videos are being handled with Flash, allthough Flash-driven Video-players work in Browsers.

Nov 3 2013 Anchor

same problem after upgrading ubuntu to 13.10 version.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.