Desura is a community driven digital distribution service for gamers, putting the best games, mods and downloadable content from developers at gamers fingertips, ready to buy and play. Welcome to the official Desura BLOG.

Forum Thread
Login Error [64,0] (Groups : Desura : Forum : Application Windows : Login Error [64,0]) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 21 2012 Anchor

Ever since the last update for Windows-version (which was around Autumn 2011), I've been getting constant Login Error when I try to login to Desure first 2-3-times.

Today however, I've tried to re-login over ten times now without success.

So what happens:
Everytime I launch Desura, my Password field gets cleared, wheter the autologin is on or not. I then insert the password. afetr less than ten (10) seconds, I get s message box:

Title: Desura Login Error
Failed to login
waited too long with no response [64,0]

Usually after being persistent and re-inserting password several times I've been able to login. occasionally launching Desura first in offline-mode anf then goin online has helped too. But now, Desura client has decided to not let me login at all.

I've tried this on another computer too, and it seems to be a client-wise problem, because login-wise i've been able to do that fine (since otherwise i couldn't write in this forum via Firefox).

I haven't tried re-installing Desura yet due the amount of mods and games I have installed. But as I metnioned mention before, this is also happens on other computers when there's no Desura-items installed.

EDIT (20120624): Well, I tried to use the provided Repair-function before un-installing without success, so now I have done a clean re-installation of the client.
Desura-client seems to able to login once again almost instantenously. But during the re-installation process I lost all the mods and games installed into my computer. Luckily though all the games are still bound to my account, so getting them re-installed shouldn't be a problem.

I'm still puzzled what caused the connection time-out constanlty. So hopefully the error-logs were submitted automatically as I've set in my settings.

Edited by: PaveMentman

Jul 9 2012 Anchor

You could back up Program Files\Desura\Common directory. Mods can be bound to your account too if you add them to account (right click -> Add to Account).

Jan 16 2013 Anchor

Re-opening this, because this sissue didn't ever go away (considering there hasn't been any updates for Windows-version anyway). Also there has been various other posts made for the exact problem (like auto-login being completely not working).

One work-around for this was to close Firefox when ever I launched Desura, because apparently Desura is really nitpicky of "shared" bandwidht when going to login. Now however, whenever I insert valid/correct login, there's no connection made at all.

Jan 20 2013 Anchor

Yea I'm really getting tired of this bull if it's not fixed real soon I'm outta here for good.

Jan 29 2013 Anchor

After the previous post above this, the clinet has been able to make to automatical contact (or contact in overall) with the server.
I'm not infromed or even certain if there has been some server maintenance done. But at least the client finally logins once again like it should be.

Edit (20130916): O-hai, this issue is back...

User Posted Image

Edited by: PaveMentman

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

having the same issue, however mine wont work even with complete removal and reinstallation..

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.