Desura is a community driven digital distribution service for gamers, putting the best games, mods and downloadable content from developers at gamers fingertips, ready to buy and play. Welcome to the official Desura BLOG.

Forum Thread
Can't log in - [code 38.0] (Groups : Desura : Forum : Fixed : Can't log in - [code 38.0]) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 14 2010 Anchor

I've searched for this error to no avail - so please redirect me if such a post does exist.

Got my beta access today - downloaded, installed, but can't log in. The error I get is:

Desura wrote:
Failed to login

Closed beta, you cannot login now. [ code 38.0 ]

This happens when using my username or email address. I can, however, log in to the Desura site - it is just the application I cannot access.

This could be a side effect of my legacy username: M@ty - was registered with the '@' long before non-alphanumeric characters were banned.

Odd, after about 30 retries its finally logged in. No reason as to why!

Feel free to disregard this post :).

Edited by: M@ty

Sep 17 2010 Anchor

Check the comments of this article.

The current desura client is outdated and thus noone can access to Desura. The new Desura client should be released in about 4 weeks according to INtense!

EDIT: Now I can connect lol

Edited by: jack_wade

Oct 30 2010 Anchor

If you are running the old client you will need to update possibly manually: Indiedb.com

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.