Keep up with the latest news on the ever-growing number of game bundles, bargains and deals across the interwebs. Know of a deal we don't? Let us know - member participation is welcomed! Join us in our active forums for the most up-to-the-minute bargain news, rumours, and views.

Forum Thread
Risen 2: Dark Waters (Groups : Bundeals : Forum : Game Suggestion Box : Risen 2: Dark Waters) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 29 2012 Anchor

Got this game as a gift for a early(quite early) b-day present.
first i'll say that its a lot like the 1st game, just more piratey.

i've only played about 2 hours so far but i'm really enjoying it. my plans for my character are to be a stealthy thief/voodoo master. yep, they got voodoo in this game lol. i guess it's taking place of magic but i can't wait. still have to find someone to train me in the ways of voodoo but i'm excited. so far i've been learning stealth and thievery from a local prisoner i converse with outside of his jail cell.

there are some issues with the game. like a lack of a waypoint system, which might not be a problem. i mean in real life you don't have a floating arrow pointing towards your next mission objective but i kinda like that. the game doesn't hold your hand but it can be hard to find stuff this early in the game.

i'll keep y'all informed of my progress if anyone is interested. arrrrrrr matey.

Apr 29 2012 Anchor

I've never played the first Risen, I assume it's worth checking out? and thanks for mentioning the lack of waypoint system, I'm in the middle of typing up a review for morrowind (which will be posted here) and I would have forgot to mention it I didn't read this. :thumbup:

--

ifss
ifss "Entitled" Cheapskate
Apr 30 2012 Anchor

Is the combat any fun? I seen a video of it, and it looked like it was just simple button mashing - but could that be just because it was near the start of the game?

Otherwise it looks quite entertaining.

--

Apr 30 2012 Anchor

yea the waypoint system shows you where your mission objectives are on the map in the menu but only after you get a map for the island you're on.

and the combat is boring right now but as you train in different areas of combat, you learn different skills.

i've only played a bit of the 1st Risen but it was like this too. you can only do a few things at the beginning but if you stick with it, the gameplay begins to open up.

I really like this game but i don't think i'd pay $50 for it. i'd wait till it was like $10 off, but even if you pay $50, i think you'll get your money worth. I am really loving this game, it's just fun.

starting to get annoyed with the combat in this game :(

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.