Keep up with the latest news on the ever-growing number of game bundles, bargains and deals across the interwebs. Know of a deal we don't? Let us know - member participation is welcomed! Join us in our active forums for the most up-to-the-minute bargain news, rumours, and views.

Forum Thread
Miner Wars 2081 (Groups : Bundeals : Forum : Game Suggestion Box : Miner Wars 2081) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 19 2012 Anchor

Thanks heavens for alpha funding or my favorite genre might be dead. I'm talking about space sims. I discovered Miner Wars about 2 months ago i think and just bought it on desura 2 days ago. I'd tried the demo before purchasing and fell in love with it. The game features totally destructible environments which add's so much to the gameplay. I really enjoy the way the game lets you mine asteroids, you can shoot them with your weapons and collect the debris or you have a drill which you can use.

Miner Wars lets you build too. If i want to hollow out an asteroid and build a base inside it, i can. I'm still getting familiar with the game so i haven't learned about all it's features yet. I should add this warning though. Since buying the game I've not been able to take the demo mode thing off my menu screen. I'm trying to get it fixed now but i shouldn't have to, it should automatically take care of it for me when i purchase the game. Other than that I can't recommend this game enough.

It is still in it's alpha stage so don't expect a completed game if you decide to purchase it now. There is also a demo to try the game out at their website.
You can get yourself a copy now for $19.99 at Indiedb.com or their website Minerwars.com

They are also making a Miner Wars MMO. But 2081 does have Multiplayer & Co-Op.

Rockpapershotgun.com
Spacegamejunkie.com

Edited by: DoctorRoXo

--

Apr 19 2012 Anchor

Space Sim is one of my favorite genres also. One of the best games around is the Egosoft.com
Is a bit hard to learn, I have been playing since the first X of the series. Is a never ending game, where you can do just about anything!

Apr 19 2012 Anchor

dude! i just bought the x superbox. im playing X3TC right now. still learning and yea its hard to learn. but i love it. if only you could go to planets...

--

Apr 19 2012 Anchor

What could be extremely cool was multiplayer, but egosoft never invested in such a feature. O_o

Apr 19 2012 Anchor

yea i wish eve played more like x3. i still have some time on my sub. for eve but i kept getting stuck on stupid stuff so i just quit. i want to give it another try but ill wait a while.

so have you heard of miner wars? i forgot to mention this but its actually 2 games. 2081 & the MMO. 2081 has co-op and multiplayer. and they are coming out with the mmo after they officially release this, which is supposed to basically be the same game.

--

Apr 20 2012 Anchor

I haven't tried yet. But it seems interesting. I don't like MMO much; I prefer to host a small server just for friends. Too many people take the fun out of things.

Apr 20 2012 Anchor

dsereno wrote: I I don't like MMO much; I prefer to host a small server just for friends. Too many people take the fun out of things.

i agree with you. mmo's can be kinda spoiled by others sometimes. i doubt i'll get the miner wars mmo. i'll just stick with 2081.

--

Apr 20 2012 Anchor

doctor_roxo wrote:

dsereno wrote: I I don't like MMO much; I prefer to host a small server just for friends. Too many people take the fun out of things.

i agree with you. mmo's can be kinda spoiled by others sometimes. i doubt i'll get the miner wars mmo. i'll just stick with 2081.

I also agree, beginning to notice a trend?

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.