Updates have been a bit slow, but here we are again at last! This version is all about fixing things and improving stability. We've made big improvements to co-op, object syncing and physics falling out of world, punching out and more.
Also, we shall be blogging next week on our general plans for VCD on Steam and almost certainly a progress report on the full version. For now, pics and changelog for v0.15 follow:
New punchout machine and interactive UI on the left, and fire from the lantern on the right.
- Added fire spawning from broken lanterns
- Fix for buckets showing water after being spilled
- Punchout UI is now on an interactive screen on the Punchout machine, which also has a proper mesh
- Mop cleans multiple nearby splats at once
- Removed shadow casting from machine hatches
- Fixed divide-by-zero causing glowing white water
- Tuned the muck detector, it's now much more usable
- Fixed mop not recognising using splat sizes
- Fixed bucket water plane - now stays level and doesn't stick through the bucket
- Changed machine jamming limiter to use spree detection instead of time
- Player now bumps physics objects (bin, bucket, etc) when walking into them
- Added mechanism to prevent debris passing through world geometry
- Improved stuck debris culling mechanism
- Decreased number and rate of footprints from walking in blood
- Adjusted bucket and mop saturation limits
- Sped up debris light environment updates
- Fixed spinning view problem when standing on moving objects (Note: management considers 'barrel surfing' inappropriate behaviour for janitors)
- Replaced splat and debris actors in maps with newer, more virtuous kinds of actors
- Numerous fixes and improvements to debris replication and syncing in multiplayer
- Added blood footstep sound
- Improve hold distance and handling of horrid metal sheets and other objects
- Improved object holding and transform - off-center issues
- Made client players not die and leave corpses when clocking off
- Players can respawn if they die in single player
- Fixed the Map list closing when clicking the scrollbar.
- Fixed 'Escape' key not closing Map-List when it's in focus.
- Fixed repeated 'highlight' sounds from playing when cursor moves over Key-Bindings.
- Changed and refined all UI styling.
- Added an 'Always Run' setting to options menu.
- Added Viscera sign to Main Menu and In-game Menu.
- Moved Options to its own menu.
And as ever, you can help us out by pre-ordering VCD from our site.
Pre-ordering will net you the full game when it's done, any builds after we cease updating the free version, a Steam key, and perhaps more.. Oh, and please follow @VisceraCleanup on Twitter for updates!