So, we've plenty busy on Viscera Cleanup Detail since it was Greenlit (thanks again!!). We'll be getting another update out soon, but in the meantime, here is a progress report on what's been going down.
We've got a bunch of new systems in progress which are functioning already (but need plenty of polish still). These are:
- -Bullet holes/scratches/etc and support for repairing them with a laser tool. The laser can also make it's own holes if you're clumsy ;)
- -Fires. These can breakout when smashing lanterns or overworking your laser tool. This will be expanded as we go.
- -Vending machine. Here you can order new pieces of equipment. This is still in it's infancy, but it's going well. It even has a nifty "on machine" UI.
- -Scanner. This little tool can help you detect shell/bullet casings and viscera.
- -Radio. Fairly straightforward but adds some atmosphere. Next step is for us to find the right sounds for it to broadcast ;)
- -Key bindings. Yep!
On the content side, we've been working on the new "medical bay" environment. We've got a whole bunch of meshes complete, but more to go still, and plenty of textures.Here are some shots of it's basic structure and look, still very much subject to change. Also, there are many meshes not yet added in ;)
And there we go! We'll try and be more consistent with these progress reports from here on :)
Oh, and please consider pre-ordering the game for $5 while it's still that price :)