An unofficial, content-focused patch for Vector Thrust. Adds new weapons, scenery objects, and rebalances aircraft loadouts. This patch also includes description passes, stealth rebalance, and a new aircraft.
!!!!!WARNING!!!!! This patch is not official. Backup your Vector Thrust installation before installing this patch.
To install, put the folders "Challenges" "Objects" and "System" in "...Steam\SteamApps\common\VectorThrust\", click "Yes" when prompted to merge folders. Click "Yes" if prompted to overwrite files.
- R-40R, SAAM
- R-24R, SAAM
- R-24T, XMAA
- R-27ER, SAAM
- R-27ET, XMAA
- R-27EA, XMAA
- Kh-25L, XAGM
- Kh-25MP, LAGM
- Kh-35, LASM
- Kh-38MLE, LASM
- Kh-59MK2, LASM
- BetAB-250, UGB
- FAB-250-M54, UGB
- MiG-31_HardpB2 for fitting the R-40
- Su-30SM which can be unlocked in the Challenge menu with Pass Points
- Airport terminal (day and night version)*
- Triumphal arch
- Large Bridge - Shore section
- Large Bridge - Middle section
- Small bridge
- Western style church
- Eastern style church
- City block A (day and night version)
- City block B (day and night version)
- City block C (day and night version)
- Oil Rig B
- Oil Rig C
* Different versions for day and night version of the same structure are consequences of VT engine limitation.
- Large Bridge - Shore section (destructible) *
- Large Bridge - Middle section (destructible)
- Small Bridge (destructible)
- City Hall
- Pacific (Nam) hut
- Nuclear powerplant**
- Pipeline (destructible)
- Thermal powerplant
* Due to VT engine limitations, units cannot be placed on top of scene objects, only on structures. Hence different variants for various scenarios.
** Any big explosion effects will need to be scripted via mission editor.
- New challenge to unlock the Su-35S
- Loadouts and descriptions are changed on the following families:
- Mirage F1
- Descriptions are changed on the following families:
- Lock-on range of MiG-29UB and IB increased
- RCS revised on stealth aircraft, giving most aircraft a maximum detection range near that of newer Main weapons
- M3 cannon has halved Rate-of-Fire. Because they appear in two aircraft carrying four each, its RoF remains high
- Challenges received a pass to standardize names, descriptions, and rules based on their objectives and use of mutators
- Text on AIM-54B to C++ textures is no longer upside-down when wRoll_# is set to "0"
- AIM-9N texture no longer has a training stripe
- Reference corrections on the AGM-53A and AGM-137 to address a crash on load, allowing their use
- Challenges for the following aircraft were changed to correct the lack of weapons:
- F-16A Block 5
- N-156F (Early)
- YF-16 CCV