Unreal Tournament is the sucessor to the awesome game that was Unreal. Boosting the most advanced gaming engine when it was released, this game kicks some serious arse. Unreal Tournament's got it all without a doubt: ton's of amazing levels, kick-ass weapons, brain-melting modes of play, unbelievably deadly bots, and a slew of other features bound to have your happiness glands working overtime! I have not even mentioned the mod's either, and boy are they bountiful and bloody brilliant, with titles such as Strike Force. So give this game and spin, then crank up a few of it's mods and you will be wondering how you lived without this game!
This is the map pack release resulting from the contest which took place at ut99.org with ChaosUT as its main theme.
Release topic (ut99.org): Ut99.org
- UnrealGecko: organization and packing of the map pack with all the instructions below
- memsys: participant (DM-CMC-ChaosKeep)
- Terraniux: participant (MH-CMC-PartyCrashers)
- ExpEM: participant (DOM-CMC-NaliPsyenceX)
- makemeunreal: participant (DM-CMC-Letitia)
- XaNKoNII: participant (DM-CMC-Lords_Of_The_Void)
- Le Impact Frag: participant (CTF-CMC-HellScape)
- Silver Sound: participant (DM-CMC-Constantine)
- nogardilaref: participant (CTF-CMC-Kullrena)
- papercoffee: participant (DM-CMC-MansionOfChaos)
- Jackgriffin: participant (DM-CMC-MansionOfChaos)
- Theme of the contest is CHAOS ...spooky bloody chaos! Inspiration, textures and decoration can be taken out of the ChaosUT mod.
-No weapon placement from this mod... we want this maps playable for everyone. Even for people without Chaos-UT installed.
-The playable area must be inside a 4096x4096x4096uu space. 1 bonus-point if you can get even the sky-zone inside that space.
- You can use any pack (u/utx/umx/uax) you want, but must include any exotic one into your submission. Filesize should be reasonable, so for a +1 point, the sum of all files used inside a zip file should not be bigger than 10 MB.
The Chaos files doesn't count, because we will put them into the final map-pack anyway. Only exotic files which are not included in Chaos or vanilla-Install have to be put into the zip or MyLevel. Those files and the map are the one counting.
- Any game-type allowed.
- The contest badge must be placed somewhere into the map on a visible place. Not just in some easter-egg room.
- Map Screenshot, Bot-Support and Music (at least a MyLeveled blank.umx) are a must.
- When naming your map, make sure the name has the -CMC- prefix. (DM-CMC-MapName, KOTH-CMC-MapName etc.)
The time limit to finish the maps were only 6 weeks...
In the end, these 9 submissions were made and later finalised for everyone to enjoy:
-Simply unzip the pack into your installed UnrealTournament folder and all the files should be dropped to their required folders:
.unr files in /Maps
.u in /System
.umx in /Music
.utx in /Textures
-for MH-CMC-PartyCrashers, the Monster Hunt mod needs to be installed as well, if you don't have it, you can download it with a quick Google search.
-Not required, but these maps are great for the ChaosUT mod, please download the latest version from here: