Scoregasm is an incredible, variety rich shooter with a non-linear, branching paths style galaxy to explore. It's pretty, accessible, fun and really rather good! Blast your way through the galaxy's many varied levels! Use your skills to change your route, find new levels, new enemies, unlock bonus challenge stages and fight the bosses to discover multiple endings! Linux users: Scoregasm is a 32bit app, so you'll need the appropriate 32bit libraries installed to run the game on a 64bit system. IndieGames.com says: "Scoregasmic! One of the best space shooters of 2011 by a good light year or two."

Forum Thread
[Windows 7 Ultimate] "Exception_Access_Violation" Error (Games : Scoregasm : Forum : Tech support : [Windows 7 Ultimate] "Exception_Access_Violation" Error) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 13 2011 Anchor

Hi all,

i recently bought scoregasm in a indi bundle but I just can´t play it due to the above error.
i tried running it as administrator, in compatibility mode and on desure and steam as well. just won´t work.
any ideas?

thank you!

Nov 14 2011 Anchor

Hi there,

Chances are you're using a 64bit edition of Windows with an ATI graphics card, right? If this is the case (and i hope it is, i've not encountered this problem with Nvidia or intel cards or on 32bit windows), make sure you have the latest version of catalyst installed, and reset it to factory defaults via the preferences button in the top right hand corner of catalyst control center. This should stop this error from occurring.

In addition, if you can't see the bullets or the screen stays black if you switch to fullscreen, make sure you have triple buffering disables in catalyst.

CheersCharlie

Nov 15 2011 Anchor

Hi Charlie,

thank you for your help. I installed the latest catalyst driver and now it works. it´s unplayable but i think this is due to my machine (amd 64 4200+ and amd x1200).
thank you!

Nov 16 2011 Anchor

Unplayable how? Just running a bit slow? Maybe turn on frameskipping from the graphics menu, we've had it running on a 1ghz netbook with frameskip.

CheersCharlie

Nov 17 2011 Anchor

It´s unplayable in a way that even menu is so laggy that it takes several seconds from one menu item to another. the background is completly white. i have turned on frameskipping, but it changed nothing.
when in the tutorial you can´t see anything because it´s all white with some colour in it. even the sound is laggy.

Nov 19 2011 Anchor

That's definitely a rendering issue. Sounds like it's not loading textures properly, maybe try re-downloading in case they've got corrupted?

CheersCharlie

Dec 2 2011 Anchor

So, it´s running now!
What I did: first get a new graphic card. I think that a graphic card with 256mb shared memory was too low. So I bought a Radeon 5450 for around 30€.
But i still had the error with frameskipping on. So I turned it off and it´s running as it should right now. Thank you for your support!

Dec 4 2011 Anchor

Cool, glad you got it working!

CheersCharlie

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.