Here are the basic points for the story line in Pontification, There is nothing really given away about the many twists and turns that you will face while playing the game.
- Father O’ Brien, life long servant and devotee to the Catholic Church is taking a stroll through St. Peter’s Square and enjoying his favourite snack; a packet of peanuts, damn life was good!
- Unfortunately not for long Father, choking on a peanut, his body falls to the ground and he dies instantly…damn peanuts!Arriving in Limbo, he is devastated, where was his Heaven and his adoring Angels??? Pacing angrily he runs into Lilly, a long time resident of Limbo. Sensing his confusion and fury toward the Catholic Church she decides he is ready to hear some other ‘home’ truths about his beloved House of God
- Lilly begins to tell him of the corruption and evil that has been taking place for years…the news is not good and it’s about to get a whole lot worse for our dear Father O’Brien
- Lead by blind anger and spurred on by Lilly’s knowledge he has one objective-get the Pope, possess his body and expose the disgusting lies to the people and bring the Catholic Church to it’s knees
- Spirits within Limbo have the power of possession, allows him to possess the bodies of priests, guards, and inanimate objects within the Vatican
- The scene is set; O’ Brien and Lilly begin their journey in the Vatican crypt, where they must make their way to the Pope’s headquarters
- Along the way they will face destructive forces to hinder their progress, such as; powerful protective spirits that live within the Vatican walls, ridiculously difficult puzzles and other forces yet to be discovered. All put in place by Andreus, your nemesis that you will encounter right throughout the game
- Can one man bring the most powerful organisation to its knees? Will Father O’ Brien find his Heaven? And whatever happened to that damn packet of peanuts?
In the next week or so I will post an update about the level editor and the changes we have made along with a link to the source and a quick video of it in action.