For this update, we upgraded PokeGen from Unity 3 to Unity 4. What that means is that you'll have to do a FRESH INSTALL of PokeGen - updating your previous version will NOT work. If you do not have the launcher, you can download it here!
Mac users can also get the current update here!
It's been quite the wait, and I commend anybody that's stuck around this long. Unfortunately, this update doesn't contain anything too substantial, but it has a couple of neat features that I think you guys will enjoy.
Of course, after this will be a hiatus in terms of when the updates will release. I'll still be working on PokeGen as I can, and everyone else is free to do as they please as well, but I can't give any more concrete release dates as I'm uncertain of my ability to stay true to my word in terms of making them on time. That being said, I do hope you enjoy this update, as both life and motivation made it a tricky one for me to pull together.
- Nidorino will now be roaming around the Corral. You'll also be able to evolve Nidoran M into Nidorino should you care to invest the time.
- His moves are Thunderbolt, Mud Slap, Poison Sting, and Iron Tail.
- With his moveset, we wanted to explore our philosophy of how Pokemon will do moves differently (Poison Sting & Iron Tail). For example, Weedle's Poison Sting focuses more on poisoning targets whereas Nidorino's focuses on dealing a quick burst of damage.
Leveling & Evolution
- You can now level your Pokemon and their stats will improve with levels.
- Leveling to 16 with Nidoran M will evolve it into Nidorino, but apart from that, there aren't any moves to learn quite yet.
That's honestly it for this update in terms of raw features, however I would like everyone to keep an eye out for some oddities:
- Since we upgraded to Unity 4, some scripts may be working incorrectly. It is at this time that I implore all of you to utilize the bug testing forum to tell us of anything you find.
- One strange bug is that on certain graphical setups, the game will be distorted/bright on start-up. In order to fix this, just move the window around for a brief second and let it sort itself out.
- If your sound is buzzing at all, be sure to have V-Sync enabled on your video card drivers.
- Evolution will not currently occur in multiplayer, and it may still be a little iffy in single player, so if you see anything strange, let us know.
- The graphics have also been slightly tweaked, as well as some animations, so be sure to also tell us what you think on both fronts.
I think that wraps up everything so far. We'll try to get the next update as soon as possible, but thanks for being patient. I'm well aware that it's not the grand update many of you expected, or even the one I intended to give, but our motivation for the project is still going strong.
For the record, don't blame anyone on the team apart from myself (Xatoku). Skatter's still interested in PokeGen, even if he doesn't show it outwardly to you all. Simply put, without him by my side in that little white room all of those months ago, we wouldn't be where we are today.
The modelers in the forums have made extremely astounding progress (they're at 94% of all Pokemon models, and have moved onto Trainers & Objects/Foliage in the past few months).
The hiatus is purely a result of my failing to make lemonade properly. If you get what I mean, then hopefully you'll be able to hold on a little longer until I can get things back on track - if not, enjoy the update.