This mod was designed to improve the PC controls of Mass Effect 3, allowing more accurate, safe and responsive control of the character.
This mod was designed to improve the PC controls of Mass Effect 3, allowing more accurate, safe and responsive control of the character. New players should like the straightforward control scheme and documentation, including useful tips. Experienced players should like the extra control, in particular cover entry/exit which is crucial in higher difficulty settings.
- The Use / Cover / Storm key is now a simple Use key (default Spacebar). It is used to activate highlighted items (e.g. revive squadmate) and enter cover, but not to exit cover.
- The Walk key is now a Run key (default Left Shift). It is used to run, jump over gaps, roll, and exit cover.
- The Melee key (default F) now performs a heavy melee attack immediately.
- To perform a quick melee attack press the Cover Turn key (default Middle Mouse Button) outside cover. Due to the low damage the quick melee feature can usually be ignored.
- All key bindings are still editable in-game, so if you don't like a default key (e.g. Walk/Run key or Command HUD key) just open the Options menu and change them. There is no need to manually modify configuration files.
- While moving forward, press and hold the Run key to run.
- While moving forward, tap the Run key twice to quickly vault or slide over low cover.
- While moving backward/left/right, press the Run key to perform an evasive roll in the respective direction.
- While running, press the Melee key to perform a ground smash (Vanguard class only).
There are two ways to enter cover:
- Run into cover by holding the Run key.
- Press the Use key when close to cover.
The recommended procedure is to run towards cover and press the Use key as you approach it. The Use key can be pressed several times and will not exit cover accidentally.
While in cover, you can instantly kill enemies standing on the other side of low cover by holding the Melee key. The following actions are available when standing at the edge of cover:
- Move/roll to adjacent cover by holding the Strafe Left/Right key and pressing the Run key.
- Storm forward out of cover by holding the Forward key and the Run key.
- Round a corner by pressing the Cover Turn key.
- Attack enemies around the edges by pressing the Melee key.
To exit cover:
- Face away from cover and move/run forward (not recommended when under fire).
- Move left/right and press the Run key to roll out of cover in that direction. This is useful to escape grenades. You can then roll back into the same position, and press the Use key to re-enter cover.
- Vault over low cover by moving forward and pressing the Run key.
- Move backward away from cover or press the Run key.
- Hold the Aim key before pressing the Run key, to avoid lateral movement and leave cover with controlled aim.
The new default key for the Command HUD is Left Control. The default Run key is Left Shift.
It is recommended to activate the Reset to Defaults button after installing the mod to reset the key bindings to the appropriate settings.
The interactive object highlight range is increased to 2.5x the original distance.
- Make a backup of the original Mass Effect 3\BIOGame\CookedPCConsole\Coalesced.bin file.
- Overwrite the Coalesced.bin file with the version included in the mod archive.
Restore the original Coalesced.bin file. You can also restore the file by doing a repair install in Origin.